Subtle changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat Man Utd at old Trafford lar. We battered Arsenal. We've looked a different side

Yeah I had mentioned the Man Utd win - the likes of Fulham and Newcastle won there that season.
We battered Arsenal 1-1 and 1-4 that season away.

Alright slick.

Every team loses over the course of a season or seasons. What's more important than a single game is how you approach the whole season and how you approach every game. The mentality of the club.

One thing I can say is. I'm not certain we will win, but we will try. Three years ago Id be able to guarantee we wouldn't, nor would we try to win.

If that doesn't make you a bit happier then you're a strange blue indeed.

Unfortunately the stats are a bit against us on this one - Everton is the only side in the PL which have not beaten a top 10 side this season -
we all hope that changes soon because we all believe we can

Think Roberto has 5 points so far in the 9 away games at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea. And a cup exit.

No fear..

(Adding in Man City doesn't make it much better either)

Despite our new mentality, how many times have we actually converted our confidence into three points at Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool? Did we set up to win against Manchester City last week? Will we set up to win on our next visit?

Chelsea have stabilised. If they had a reliable striker, they would be as tough a challenge as City. Yet another draw will be a good result. And it will be an interesting opportunity to compare Zouma and Stones.

Disappointing, but a point at Chelsea is still a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back