Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched Nice a few times this season I could envisage an Alex Nyarko scene being recreated if we signed Bellotelli, except there would be a queue of fans instead of just the one.

I'd suggest anyone even remotely thinking signing him to watch him playing and think again.

We should sign Forsberg, i feel if I mention this enough it'll happen.

Basically,
Depends on the question
Off load x 10 or 12 and restart afresh. Always pees me off when next door seem capable of buying the likes of Courtinho, Firminho, Salah and the Uruguayan Hannibal Lector for a reasonable pittance (compared to how we have recently thrown money around on bang average). But then I think they buy in players to fit a role whereas we buy in players to fill a space hence the need for a Manager/Coach who has a sense of direction and style of play. But I can only dream.

Basically,

Off load x 10 or 12 and restart afresh. Always pees me off when next door seem capable of buying the likes of Courtinho, Firminho, Salah and the Uruguayan Hannibal Lector for a reasonable pittance (compared to how we have recently thrown money around on bang average). But then I think they buy in players to fit a role whereas we buy in players to fill a space hence the need for a Manager/Coach who has a sense of direction and style of play. But I can only dream.

It is shocking that they signed Salah for under half what we paid for siggy and Keane

Wilshire in for me.
As squad players, Wilshire and Fellaini in, Schneiderlin and Rooney out. Then sign a midfielder with the intention to start him most games, and we have three new players, Gueye and Davies competing for three central positions.

As squad players, Wilshire and Fellaini in, Schneiderlin and Rooney out. Then sign a midfielder with the intention to start him most games, and we have three new players, Gueye and Davies competing for three central positions.
No Fellaini for me. Well, actually, he'd be the perfect signing if Sam is staying.

Any discussion around players is pointless until the question of who our manager will be next season is answered. TBF its pointless most the time anyway - although it used to be my favourite topic I'm becoming somewhat jaded these days.
I'm going to weigh in here though cos its a drug! We HAVE to put the stall out on 2 - 3 players. Striker and a LB. We might not like it but we dont need another CB. Holgate, Keane and Jags can do a job. We have to go with the galactico method and buy less but far better players. A full team overhaul gets you nowhere. Put 10 on the back of Gylfi and let him pull the strings. The right side is sorted. If I put players in for next year that can challenge top 6 I would have:
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane ???
Walcott Gueye ??? ???
Gylfi ?????

balance of squad to be subs Vlasic Davies Rooney Lookman Dowell Tosun Baines Jags

For the record Vlasic is the closest of that bunch to making my 11, but should be getting a lot more game time.
I know the CB pairing can be criticized but organised they can a do a job. Our issue is a stunning lack of creating opportunities and the ability to pass the ball to a player at pace.

So for me we need 4 players as critical. I that too many for one summer to buy of the quality required and have them gel? So slot in Vlasic as the Left Winger. Spend what ever we have on a Striker, the Central playmaker and then the LB. Every player must have pace. No more cart horses!
to be honest I think Sneiderlin has a higher ceiling than Gueye but has disappointed so doesn't deserve the spot.

They'd both most likely be our highest earners after Rooney

We are that bad we need to sign players who will instantly get into our first 11 and dramatically improve us
We can’t afgord the luxury of signing squad players even for free
Do you think Fellani and Wiltshire will come here to sit on the bench.
Finally at 150k a week Mr Wayne Rooney is going nowhere.
Colleen couldn’t trust him if he went abroad as she has a new gaff to furnish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back