Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically,

Off load x 10 or 12 and restart afresh. Always pees me off when next door seem capable of buying the likes of Courtinho, Firminho, Salah and the Uruguayan Hannibal Lector for a reasonable pittance (compared to how we have recently thrown money around on bang average). But then I think they buy in players to fit a role whereas we buy in players to fill a space hence the need for a Manager/Coach who has a sense of direction and style of play. But I can only dream.

They have a better strategy
As you said, they buy players to fit a role.

They also spunked alot of money before they got it right, since Saurez

10.8m on Aspas
20m on Balotelli
32m on Benteke (and recuiped it all somehow?)
15m on Borini
35m on Carroll
18m on Moreno

Hopefully in 3/4 years time we will look back at spending silly amounts on guff and laugh

Respectfully, can you explain this?
With what we have where does he play and alongside who? Again just curious as I’ve seen him mentioned over and over and am just curious.

Don't mind you enquiring at all mate- what this place is for. Very open to you thinking i'm a lunatic too!

Purely in my opinion, there is very little subtlety in our midfield. Actually Vlasic and Klaassen seem to have it but, particularly the latter, probably doesn't have other attributes needed to survive in the centre of a PL midfield (although I would like to see him given more of a chance to stake a claim).

By subtlety, I mean the ability to play one-twos in the middle of the pitch, to take the ball under pressure and release it with minimal touches, to keep the ball circulating. Then, in the final third, the ability to play a little pass between two defensive bodies.

Pienaar is brilliant at a lot of these traits. Our creative players currently have some good traits but i think lack that bit of creation.

Bolasie / Walcott- straight line runners
Davies - box to box? Not very creative in the main
Schneiderlin- this season has proven we just cannot rely on him, although he's shown glimmers of hope lately
Rooney- Games should be tailored but does bring some craft
Sig- more about delivery from wider areas

Could go on and on. Wilshire is probably the best we could acquire who is excellent in tight spaces. His injury record isn't great but this season he looks far more robust. He wouldn't be someone who comes and scores 10 or 15 goals but how often did Pienaar do this yet we loved him all the same.

IN

Jamaal Lascelles (Newcastle United)
Nordi Mukiele (Montpellier)
Phillip Max (Augsberg)
Nabil Fekir (Lyon) (I can dream a bit here..)
Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociadad)

Karl Toko Ekambi (Angers)

OUT

Everyone not nailed down.

WIN

Everything.

Easy this management lark.

Fekir would be the one for me but absolutely no chance.

Its certainly possible. Can offer more than Lyon (monetary wise anyway) and most other sides will already have options in that position. Still only youngish too. He is the type we should be going for if we really want to make a statement. Big enough for people to take notice but not quite big enough for us to be knocked back out of hand and laughed at.

It’s on Sky Sauce News now, saying we’re interested in Ki from Swansea.

Hope it’s just some RS in the SSN studio taking the piss.

Either way, I can see our squad being packed with dross again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back