Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randon? Seriously lads the lad who can’t hit a barn door? I think Niasse is awful but rather have him than that big waste of space

TBH, I have no faith whatsoever in our attack. Tosun is not the answer, he cant lead the line. Niasse is a bundle of awkwardness that can get a goal or two but is not going to pressure Tosun. Richarlison might have to weigh in with about twice more than he did for Watford to make up for that lame attack we have. My view is that we need another attacker. If we dont get one we'll be sunk in terms of a top ten finish.

I guess that's really my point. We need better than Tosun (unless he improves dramatically, and very soon). Replacing Niasse with Rondon is like spending extra time in the fit birds thread when what Everton needs is to get out and kiss a girl.

Rondon, the big brute that broke mccarthy's leg and then cried about it? loooool

plus he's venezuelan, not portuguese or brazilian. no way silva wants him

I've said this before: the club should seriously look at the behaviour of its largest shareholder and manager and conduct an internal investigation to that end. It was no less than gross corporate negligence what happened here last summer. And, btw, I said so at the time. I asked constantly who was taking responsibility for this overspend: of course that got me the height of abuse form the "clever" people...as per 'kin usual.

And as I keep saying Dave, it was ALL our largest shareholders money, good luck getting the police to investigate somebody wasting their own money.

Steve Walsh on the other hand, I would gladly stand in the witness box and give evidence, that fella committed fraud on a scale unlike the world has ever seen.

*legal disclaimer*
allegedly

The problem for me is that neither Rondon or Tosun are "good enough" to play up top on their own, both would be better up top as a 2 and thats the problem, not many modern formations utilise a top 2 very well, the only that maybe does is 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond, which means Walcott and Rico dont really fit in.
Yes, but (as I've stressed throughout) I'd only see using Rondon as a measure to change a game in our direction when we're chasing the point/points. Going two up in those circumstances is permissible. It's not a formation I'd adopt from the start.

Never heard of him.

Not sure there is such a thing as a "dynamic" Scottish player either.
he would cost about 5 million, aggressive gets about the pitch well and puts his foot in, Celtic are always linked with him, be a gamble to come down here for him but at 5 million its nothing these days.
hope he stays at Hibs as they will miss him , and I like them

Koeman and his criminal spending are going to be our 2008 crash moment: the full effects wont be seen for years and it's a tortuous road back to financial stability.

We ARE financially stable. The Financial Statements are public, anyone can read them.

Beyond that, who did they buy that we can't move on?

Sigurdsson - 45M (stuck with him, but he's a good player)
Pickford - 26M, worth much more
Keane - 26M, could sell for half at least
Klaassen - 25M, sold for 13M
Walcott - 20M (stuck with him, he's good)
Tosun - 20M, worth more
Vlasic - 9M, not sure
Onyekuru - 7M, worth much more
Sandro - 6M, could sell even with wages
Rooney - moved his whole salary already

Year prior
Bolasie - 26M, could sell for half
Morgan - 20M, could sell for close to that
Williams - 12M - could move, wouldn't get anything
Lookman - 8M, could sell for much more
Gueye - 8M, could sell for much more
DCL - 2M, could sell for much more

Were there some bad buys? Sure, but Pickford, Onyekuru, Lookman, DCL, Gueye could all be sold for MUCH more than we paid for them. I just don't see the dire situation you do.

We will get Williams off the books, two of Bolasie/Sandro/Mirallas, probably move Pennington's salary, etc

Mate?

Lets not stoop to that level, it was a great gesture from the fella, not the crying, but the way he reached out afterwards, the fella went up massively in my eyes that day.
oh for sure, but it'd be kind of funny to have the guy who may have cut james' career short on the same team as him.

i don't hate rondon, don't get me wrong, but there's a little shade of irony at the proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back