Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I've had an idea how to get round the PSR rules this year and wonder if it would work. Let's say we're £20M over the cap and Forest are also over. Couldn't Everton and Forest each sell a player to the other for something like that amount. If they're the players with low residual fees then both teams bank the fee as a profit. It moves the problem down the road but with PSR going that doesn't matter. It can be structured to not affect cash flow since the payments cancel out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this?
Fraud? No, can’t see anything wrong with it.

He isn't going anywhere Zat, he and his family are settled up here and he seems happy shuffling around with us providing he still gets in the England team. I think if he lost the no1 spot he might move but not at the moment.

From Evertons point of view hes in his prime now 30 year old England 1st choice.

From this point on his value will surely decrease. So we should be looking to sell and replace with a younger high potential option (like Verbruggen last year).

He also came out a few weeks back and said hes frustrated with us always around the bottom. Never know, he may be settled but if a top side came in offering him big wages and champions league...

Pickford would be an upgrade for Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle (!). I don't think he goes, I don't think he's bothered about going, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's interest, particularly if he has a successful Euros.

Hes never going to Newcastle of course bur walks into United, Chelsea and Arsenals teams.

If Arsenal want to make Raya's move permanent its £27mil. Could they pay £40mil for Pickford instead...why not?

I've had an idea how to get round the PSR rules this year and wonder if it would work. Let's say we're £20M over the cap and Forest are also over. Couldn't Everton and Forest each sell a player to the other for something like that amount. If they're the players with low residual fees then both teams bank the fee as a profit. It moves the problem down the road but with PSR going that doesn't matter. It can be structured to not affect cash flow since the payments cancel out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this?

Ive suggested the same many times over the years.

He did rotate in the xmas period given Gomes and Keane were coming in for starts so that is certainly a period where injuries (Doucs) and suspensions begin to happen so you need a 20 man squad for that period.

20 is what i have said we could go for. More than that seems challenging with the waged better off being saved and put into the 20 to have fewer but better players.

You not think he will be a player the club could look to sell i atill think leeds could be an option for him

Could easily sell Godfrey. But he has been used by Dyche in both full back areas so may be seen as good backup.

Holgate + Keane may move on also.

Patterson maybe loaned as his injury lowers his value if we try to sell now.

The issue for me is extending Young &/or Coleman. Both players are finished.

No one in the management team can complain ahout money if theyre dishing contracts out to those two and the last one for Doucoure.

I've always thought clubs like Everton and Villa just shouldn't do business with the top 4 or top 6, at all. Why strengthen sides above you and make your life harder.

Examples here, Braithwaite or Watkins. You have a United or Arsenal cherry picking talent each summer. Just refuse to sell to that club, sell them to a Spanish club or German.

I've always thought clubs like Everton and Villa just shouldn't do business with the top 4 or top 6, at all. Why strengthen sides above you and make your life harder.

Examples here, Braithwaite or Watkins. You have a United or Arsenal cherry picking talent each summer. Just refuse to sell to that club, sell them to a Spanish club or German.

Branthwaite looks to be a generational talent. In 2 seasons when hes the centrepiece of Englands defence, whats his value?

Other players in the squad should fetch more from top 6 sides than overseas. If we are able to sell for enough to replace with two u23 players (different positions), then we could use to our advantage and rebuild the squad.

Then in 2-3 seasons sell one of them and bring in 2 others. Repeat this over 6 seasons...

Branthwaite looks to be a generational talent. In 2 seasons when hes the centrepiece of Englands defence, whats his value?

Other players in the squad should fetch more from top 6 sides than overseas. If we are able to sell for enough to replace with two u23 players (different positions), then we could use to our advantage and rebuild the squad.

Then in 2-3 seasons sell one of them and bring in 2 others. Repeat this over 6 seasons...

I get that approach, but you're selling a world class player, to buy potential that may or may not reach the levels of a Braithwaite. While a United or City get stronger

Also, when these top sides want rid of their trash, you always get desperate sides like an Everton or Southampton taking punts, while helping them out with their accounts. I just don't see the logic in doing business with them, when we could be buying and selling from Europe.

Can we not buy a decent right back from a championship side? Do we have scouts looking out for talent in the lower divisions or am I laughably behind the times?

I get that approach, but you're selling a world class player, to buy potential that may or may not reach the levels of a Braithwaite. While a United or City get stronger

Also, when these top sides want rid of their trash, you always get desperate sides like an Everton or Southampton taking punts, while helping them out with their accounts. I just don't see the logic in doing business with them, when we could be buying and selling from Europe.

I wouldnt sell Branthwaite.

Can we not buy a decent right back from a championship side? Do we have scouts looking out for talent in the lower divisions or am I laughably behind the times?

The one to go for is Michael Kayode at Fiorentina.

Beyond him, Norton-Cuffy is on loan from Arsenal at Milwall. Hes an England u21 player.

Walters at Arsenal is an England u20 player as is Andrews from Watford.

Couple of random ones