Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I've had an idea how to get round the PSR rules this year and wonder if it would work. Let's say we're £20M over the cap and Forest are also over. Couldn't Everton and Forest each sell a player to the other for something like that amount. If they're the players with low residual fees then both teams bank the fee as a profit. It moves the problem down the road but with PSR going that doesn't matter. It can be structured to not affect cash flow since the payments cancel out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this?
I'd be more worried about adminstration than PSR. Our best defence might be that we can't submit our accounts because the electricity has been cut off

I've had an idea how to get round the PSR rules this year and wonder if it would work. Let's say we're £20M over the cap and Forest are also over. Couldn't Everton and Forest each sell a player to the other for something like that amount. If they're the players with low residual fees then both teams bank the fee as a profit. It moves the problem down the road but with PSR going that doesn't matter. It can be structured to not affect cash flow since the payments cancel out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this?

Didn’t Barca and Juve do that? Arthur and pjanic ?

Fraud? No, can’t see anything wrong with it.
😂… appreciate your joking - Not really fraud. We arent breaking HMrC laws
I've always thought clubs like Everton and Villa just shouldn't do business with the top 4 or top 6, at all. Why strengthen sides above you and make your life harder.

Examples here, Braithwaite or Watkins. You have a United or Arsenal cherry picking talent each summer. Just refuse to sell to that club, sell them to a Spanish club or German.
The minute you take the big spenders out the market you are getting less for the players

I get that approach, but you're selling a world class player, to buy potential that may or may not reach the levels of a Braithwaite. While a United or City get stronger

Also, when these top sides want rid of their trash, you always get desperate sides like an Everton or Southampton taking punts, while helping them out with their accounts. I just don't see the logic in doing business with them, when we could be buying and selling from Europe.
European sides don't typically spend as highly as EPL clubs plus a lot of players wouldn't want to leave to play in Europe. Ultimately, if the player wants to leave and a suitable bid comes in the choice of who to sell to is limited.

Selling to City or United makes no difference to us right now anyway. We're not competing with them.

😂… appreciate your joking - Not really fraud. We arent breaking HMrC laws

The minute you take the big spenders out the market you are getting less for the players
The transactions wouldn’t stand up to a financial audit and logically a PSR/FFP calculation

If we want to reduce the amount of money that we waste on Beto, then he needs to be loaned out.

At worst, he continues to be crap elsewhere and returns to Everton next summer, but at least we would have saved on his wages for a season.

At best, he does a Maupay (or better) and showcases his value at another club, so that we are actually in a position to sell him, which we will do so with Maupay this summer!

Having Beto sit on the bench with his raving lunatic cameos every now and won’t help anybody. It will just be more money down the drain!