Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Vastly?

DCL has played twice as many minutes as Beto and scored twice as many goals. That's not "vastly better". It is in fact proportionally identical.

I'm not saying DCL is a bad player. I'm not saying Beto (or Chermiti) is "better". I'm simply pointing out that:

- we are in financial bother
- any fee raised from selling DCL is pure profit
- DCL is the oldest of the three strikers (no, Maupay doesn't count because he's going anyway)
- DCL and Beto have near identical minutes per goal stats

DCL is unfortunately not going to get any better than he is currently. I simply don't think he's as important to the club's future as Pickford or Branthwaite is.

If someone comes in at £70m for Onana then great, sell him and Beto. But even then, we'll still be talking about selling one of DCL, Pickford or Branthwaite NEXT year, and the answer's still the same.

If we want to get out of the financial mire we need to keep buying the DCLs and Branthwaites of this world for less than £10m and getting five or six good seasons out of them before selling them on for big money at 27 years old.

Or we can stay in the mire.
Yes, he's vastly better, I mean he scored twice as many goals for a start, minutes don't matter, only goals.

By all means sell DCL, sell whoever we can receive a good fee for.

But if we are selling our best Striker and 1 of the main reasons we stayed up this season, then he REALLY needs replacing and IMO, Beto and Chermiti aren't that.