Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, lets close the forum and never comment/give opinion because fans don't know more than the staff... :oops:

Not saying that.

It's like people never learn when it comes to transfers. We have had players come in for peanuts and who have gone on to do really well. We have seen really expensive players completely flop at clubs.

The fee is not the issue, unless it was your own money I fail to see the concern, you are bound to have hits and misses.

I don't think it's unflattering at all though. Sounds like he is just telling him a fact of football at the to but is also likely telling him he will need to keep working hard as there may or may not be more competition. If when I was 17/18 and suddenly got a nice hefty pay rise, won 3 awards in one season(first season) it would be possible to rest on my laurels. I reckon I'd appreciate someone telling me to make sure I keep it together. Many talented footballers have [Poor language removed] up their careers because of it. I think he like Davies a lot and we'll see a lot of him next year. Certainly hope so anyway, the boy is class
I think in this instance on Davies in tems of adding to his game the Dutchman has a point. He is not a fantastic player. What you see is what you get: full on 100% motivated player who can do most things to a good standard.

However, I do believe you cant cut off major game time and not leave yourself with a problem.

This has to be handled with great care and sensitivity...not exactly Koeman strong points!

Not at all. He was just about the only highlight from last season as far as I was concerned.

Koeman needs to handle this lad's inevitable disappointment next season very well...and he needs his money signings to be a huge success if he does allow them to crowd Davies out, or there'll be trouble.

Mate, are you genuinely under the impression that Koeman wants his signings to do better than Davies? Signings are brought in to add quality, depth and to challenge for places - which Klaassen should absolutely do. If Davies is worth a place he will play, and my feeling is that he is nurturing him in exactly the right way. Remember, he asked Southgate to not take him to the U20 World Cup so he could rest.

There's nothing inevitable at all.

Mate, are you genuinely under the impression that Koeman wants his signings to do better than Davies? Signings are brought in to add quality, depth and to challenge for places - which Klaassen should absolutely do. If Davies is worth a place he will play, and my feeling is that he is nurturing him in exactly the right way. Remember, he asked Southgate to not take him to the U20 World Cup so he could rest.

There's nothing inevitable at all.
He'll play Klaassen ahead of Davies, for sure.

He'll play Klaassen ahead of Davies, for sure.

he'll play Klassen ahead of Barkley more likely...we'll have 'hopefuly' plenty more games next year and as it stand have one extra midfielder and set to lose one so not too worried...we have Besic back too and Koeman fancied him pre injury. doubt he'll bring in more...defence and forwards are priority

I think in this instance on Davies in tems of adding to his game the Dutchman has a point. He is not a fantastic player. What you see is what you get: full on 100% motivated player who can do most things to a good standard.

However, I do believe you cant cut off major game time and not leave yourself with a problem.

This has to be handled with great care and sensitivity...not exactly Koeman strong points!

Davies seems to be the type who knows he'll have to work hard though Dave and even relish the challenge set down, btw Klassen could help bring his game on another level if he learns from him, Davies isn't blessed with anything outstanding physical attribute, much like Klassen if he can learn how to utilise space etc then it'll add massively to his game.

he'll play Klassen ahead of Barkley more likely...we'll have 'hopefuly' plenty more games next year and as it stand have one extra midfielder and set to lose one so not too worried...we have Besic back too and Koeman fancied him pre injury. doubt he'll bring in more...defence and forwards are priority

If Barkley plays it will be as one of the front 3.

He has no place in midfield ahead of Gana, Schneiderlin or Davies.

Not at all. He was just about the only highlight from last season as far as I was concerned.

Koeman needs to handle this lad's inevitable disappointment next season very well...and he needs his money signings to be a huge success if he does allow them to crowd Davies out, or there'll be trouble.

lets just wait and see, I reckon we'll see a smiling Davies kicking ass next season in many games!

I haven't seen enough of him to know but is Dembele (Celtic version) a player who will play a high pressing game?

Vardy is one who does it well but due to his lack of height that'd mean Koeman going away from the taller centre forward capable of holding the ball up he seems to like.

With regards to Sigurdsson he's very effective with assists from set pieces. We don't look like having the biggest of sides next season though.

Most of his assists were to Llorente and I'm unaware of us being linked to any big target men.

If the side isn't set up for him will he be anywhere near as effective? Big gamble for £30m+

With regards to Sigurdsson he's very effective with assists from set pieces. We don't look like having the biggest of sides next season though.

Most of his assists were to Llorente and I'm unaware of us being linked to any big target men.

If the side isn't set up for him will he be anywhere near as effective? Big gamble for £30m+

oli.png

Or another way you could look at that is, they think they know better than the staff at Everton when it comes to this thing when really they don't.

@gaz1976 is spot on IMO, it is not our money. As an example, if Gylfi slotted a goal that got us in next seasons CL, nobody would give a hoot what he had cost at that point.

You seem to be suggesting that football clubs never spend badly, never mismanage their finances, never get themselves into financial difficulty and never make embarrassing signings for over-inflated prices. ...and fans of such dumb clubs have never known better than them at any point.

Surely not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back