Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm - genuinely don't know mate!
If i may ask, out of those we've signed do you think any would get in the current top 3?

I think there is scope there for good scouting and recruitment, if we take the top clubs as an example at their time of signing we may have thrown are eyes to the heavens at the lack of pedigree or big fees for at the time of purchasing, if they had signed for Everton in the same circumstances:

Alonso at Chelsea
Son at Spurs
Jesus at City

To name just a few.

I remember last summer watching a pre-season game in that Dresden cup and our midfield was literally a diamond of Barry, Besic, McCarthy and Cleverley. Almost exactly a year ago.

I'm made up loads of our squad are getting binned off and replaced and I hope more go. Too many of our players stink of Roberto Martinez. Just absolutely hum of brown shoes and failure.

Agreed.
Whilst our signings are an improvement for us, how many of them (included the potential one of Sig') would get in Chelsea, City or Spurs' team?
Ramirez - nope
Pickford - City?
Keane - Currently in City's but you'd imagine they will bring in another CB more experienced than Keane.
Klaassen - nope

As things stand, the RS are firmly in our sights but they could easily go and blow 100m on some good signings.

Next season a top 6 finish would be brilliantly because it would mean we have removed one of the current, huge spending top 6 from that Sky love-nest. Players would see that too and we could look to bring in even better next year.

To be fair those clubs are well ahead of us when it comes to spending big money, so its understandable we have a hard job to catch them, but the progress Koeman has made in just 12 months is fantastic, we are no longer punching above or wait David Moyes style but actualy a serious contender now

These new signings aren't going to take us up a level - what the actual hell are our manager and owners thinking?

I am super excited for Pickford. Klassen is decent at most. Meh.

To be fair those clubs are well ahead of us when it comes to spending big money, so its understandable we have a hard job to catch them, but the progress Koeman has made in just 12 months is fantastic, we are no longer punching above or wait David Moyes style but actualy a serious contender now
How on earth are we a serious contender now? On what evidence?

These new signings aren't going to take us up a level - what the actual hell are our manager and owners thinking?

I am super excited for Pickford. Klassen is decent at most. Meh.

I'm sure the Leicester fans thought the same when they signed that no mark Algerian winger from Le Harve and a busy but limited footballer from Caen.

Trust the people who have watched him more than us.

Agreed.
Whilst our signings are an improvement for us, how many of them (included the potential one of Sig') would get in Chelsea, City or Spurs' team?
Ramirez - nope
Pickford - City?
Keane - Currently in City's but you'd imagine they will bring in another CB more experienced than Keane.
Klaassen - nope

As things stand, the RS are firmly in our sights but they could easily go and blow 100m on some good signings.

Next season a top 6 finish would be brilliantly because it would mean we have removed one of the current, huge spending top 6 from that Sky love-nest. Players would see that too and we could look to bring in even better next year.

The whole Spurs team is made up of players who on the whole wouldn't have got into top 6 teams when they signed them. It's about buying players you need.

Ramirez was wanted by Athletico. Pickford gained interest from teams and has been praised by former players and journalists. Keane could well become an England regular in defence. Klaassen was Ajax captain and got his team to a European final.

It's all perspective. We're having a better window than people realise. Don't expect 50m signings just yet, as long as we are doing better business each window than we are going the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back