Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want Dembele. I totally understand those that are uneasy about signing anyone from Scottish football, but this kid is 20 and seems to have that something about him.

I could be wrong and he could flop of course, but something feels right about him and I think he'd score plenty of goals in our new team.

Rooney would actually help here immensely.

I actually think it's very telling that Sandro has been given the number nine, Rooney surely number ten. Does that indicate we're not after a big name striker? I have to admit I didn't think Sandro would or should waltz straight into our starting line up based on one good campaign with Malaga and on the back of a poor showing in the euros. I really hope we have a proven striker lined up or these signings we've made will count for not much at all aside from perhaps maintaining our position as best of the rest in the division.

I actually think it's very telling that Sandro has been given the number nine, Rooney surely number ten. Does that indicate we're not after a big name striker? I have to admit I didn't think Sandro would or should waltz straight into our starting line up based on one good campaign with Malaga and on the back of a poor showing in the euros. I really hope we have a proven striker lined up or these signings we've made will count for not much at all aside from perhaps maintaining our position as best of the rest in the division.

Reckon myself Barry will give up his number for him and Rooney will go back to 18

Mate we proved numbers don't really mean much anymore when we gave Kone the number 9 shirt

We need another striker. Sandro is unproven and Rooney could get injured at any moment. Apart from that, two strikers are two too few for a team involved in multiple competitions.

Give him number 18 again

Given the links I'm quite looking forward to our potential new attacking options.

Rom for all his qualities was an all or nothing player. On his day unstoppable but when he was off it we may as well have been playing with ten men.
Kone and valencia were poor, never more than support players capable of low single digits returns.
Del just wasn't fit or consistent enough.

Potentially replacing that with Giroud, Rooney, siggurdsson, Sandro and demarai gray is exciting.
Pace, power, vision, pressing, hold up play.
Add in to that a potential cahill type effect from klaasen.
And we've still got mirallas, Barkley and bolasie....
Finally we have a plan a, b and c

You've gotta think we have another striker already pretty much sewn up? Suicide to sell lukaku for such a high amount and then go looking when everyone knows what we've sold him for. Hopefully we get one in soon, excited to see who it is

He was great in the euros, he was the one that set up all their goals with his play...this lads quality, he left Barca cos he wanted game time, they wanted him to sign a new contract. A Madrid wanted him an there what 4th best team in Europe right now. This lads class, don't be put of by his prices he easily a 20 mil pound player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back