Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think net spend matters a great deal when Moshiri is being hailed a god and he's not spending his own money, just recycling the clubs money by selling our best players.

You realise Moshiri is here for more than just player acquisition right?

So we're meant to completely ignore the debt removal, new sponsporship deals, new stadium plans, paying to change managers and bring in a DoF, allowing the academy a bigger budget that most football league clubs, restructuring the business etc.

Ah yeh but he's not spending his own hard earned cash to buy the club some more players.

:coffee:

We've vastly improved the squad's depth and versatility -- we won't be so reliant on one man to do the lion's share of the scoring -- and so far have made a profit of 7 million quid. Yeah, can't have that. You net-spend-obsessed lunatics are good for some comedic relief, at least.

Stones wanted to go, Lukaku wanted to go.

You want him to tie them to a chair in his basement FFS?
Yes, I never said it could have gone down any other way, but that doesn't change the fact he's still not really spent anything on players as of yet. I am not saying he won't, just that he hasn't yet.

Personally think net spend matters a great deal when Moshiri is being hailed a god and he's not spending his own money, just recycling the clubs money by selling our best players.
sort of, but it is evident Moshiri isn't actually trying to mimic Southamptons model. Had we kept Rom, we would still have spent..

Now that it's dawning on the deluded ones that we are unlikely to be highly positive in net spend "it doesn't matter about net spend"

Brilliant
Net spend would only make sense if it was done fairly. For example have you taken into account the increased wages against the wages saved?

Yes, I never said it could have gone down any other way, but that doesn't change the fact he's still not really spent anything on players as of yet. I am not saying he won't, just that he hasn't yet.

lol ok mate, I could list the players we have bought, but I won't.

Don't remember this point being brought up in January when we signed Morgan and Lookman.

Hi mate, this persona of yours is really starting to pay off hey? People are even recognising your username now, what fun?!? Still, it is quite a shame to see such effort being put into having some cringey online identity. You could definitely be using this time more wisely. It's not too late.

right winger, striker, Cuco and a CB and we can put a ribbon on this window.

Really don't think Sigurdsson would improve us that much, especially to the output of 50m. Happy to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back