Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Walsh spent 3 weeks in Italy looking for players, eating pizza, pasta and drinking wine.

And came back with nothing even though we have a right back with a broken leg.

So we get in some lad on a free, who is well suspect to say the least.

Chelsea then spend £23m on a proper right back because they need a player for cover.

But don't worry, we're bridging the gap between 7th and top 4.

Thats it.

Let the lovely smell of fume fill your lungs.

New record for us in recent years this, season over after three games. Not really any point getting too passionate about the club knowing the best we'll realistically be able to do is be best of the rest, i.e. no chance of Europe and needing to get extremely lucky in the cups and not come up against a team with decent firepower who'll inevitably put us to the sword.

Maybe a cup. But difficult esp now wuth thursday night footie. But fully right in the league. Unless we pull a 20 pl goalscorer we are 7th placed at best. Thats not progress under koeman , walsh and the board. Remember all failed big big time last summer.

I look at that team and I do not see goals. I see good players but the wrong blend.

There is goals though isn't there??

I'd expect Rooney, Sandro & Siggurdsson to score more than last years 3 top scorers combined. Add Klassen's goals record in to the mix and there's goals being spread around now.

It's also clear we'll be conceding considerably less this year with the additions of Pickford and Keane.

If we do add another striker today, it's been a tremendous window.

We'll probably end up playing Mirallas up top. I imagine Rooney will be suffering from burnout come October, and because we're Everton we're likely to pick up a handful of season-ending injuries before Christmas even arrives, I am going with Baines and Keane, maybe even Sigurdsson to rub it in. But ok, this is football and we have Steve Walsh who'll be off on his jollies again after Christmas with the company credit card in his pocket.

Let's hope we get one

Sadly, Toff, that whole post comes undone in those last four words.....about the striker situation.

About eight hours to go and we are reduced to "hoping" we can fetch a top striker in.

This despite the fact we had one of the best in the business under contract for another two years whom we wrapped up in bubble paper and presented to Manchester United almost two months ago without a replacement lined up.....and at the time of going to press we are threadbare in that department.

Not good enough in my eyes, Toff.

Not good enough by half.

And a situation which is all too redolent of the old ways we did things in L4.....days we thought we had left far behind :(

Which is the real point @blue4eva77 was hinting at.

Let's find all those posts in May/April/June where the majority were saying..... Along the lines of

' for some reason I'm not arsed Lukaku is going. This is the new Everton. We'll replace him '.

I said it too.

Yet here we are with 9 hours left of the window.

Holy [Poor language removed]. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the lack of results today. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] aren't we doing anything? This can’t be happening. I’m having a [Poor language removed] breakdown. I don’t want to believe that bill is so incompetent. I want a future to believe in. I wanted to land costa and fix this broken team. I cannot [Poor language removed] deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought a striker would've been here by now???? This is so [Poor language removed].
Wotsit mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back