Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have said it before mate, most lads are saying this has been overall a great window, if that's the case, and Kenwright has been doing all the negotiating, well...........................

He has done well early on with the easier targets. But the Sigurdson deal dragged on and was a mess and his inability to sort a striker means we will be firmly mid table. He is welcome to stay as ambassadorial Chairman but he should be removed from being the chief negotiator there is a clear pattern every window, even with money he can't conclude the critical deals to make our squad as rounded as it should be. We will never fully move on while he still has this power. I like the guy but as a negotiator he's inept.Blame Walsh and Mosh but they don't do the deals.Without a genuine first choice target man of experience we are a mid table side and EL makes it even harder to be anything more.

All of those bar maybe Coutinho will be gone within the next year. You can deny a world class player of a move to the next level, but it ain't going to end well in lots of cases. Lukaku was always going.

Your point is mute.

Lukaku being here for that extra year could have made the difference.

The lad is waiting for a freebie. I backed the player barkley to the hilt but have reaslied the individual is one greedy $%*#
I'm still sitting on the fence at the moment. What happened today was either

a) The lad coming to his senses and realising that, when push came to shove, he didn't want to leave his boyhood club.

b) An underhand agreement between player/agent/buying club (or even Spurs) to delay the transfer until January when we, the selling club, could command a much lesser fee, and he is fully recovered from his injury.

There is an easy way to find out. Stick a contract under his nose next week and give him a week to sign. If he does, brilliant. It will go some way to making up for missing out on a quality striker this window. If he doesn't, then suspend him from the club for the remainder of his contract. His actions today, in any other form of business, would be construed as gross misconduct. Let him, his agent and the PFA take us to court if need be. But I'd make sure that there is no way he get's close to that England squad for the WC. And if Chelsea/Spurs want to buy him in January, they can stump up the amount agreed today or 'koff.

Vault me. I've been Ross's biggest advocate on here and have always supported him fully. I've had my eyes opened today, but am still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, for a few days anyway.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/everton-fail-sign-striker-defender-13557778

Everton fail to sign striker and defender Ronald Koeman wanted
Deadline day resulted in only the signing of Croatian teenager Vlasic

BYPHIL KIRKBRIDE
  • 23:04, 31 AUG 2017
SPORT

0:08
/
0:44

SHARE THIS VIDEO

WATCH NEXT
Which other Everton players' contracts should we worry about?
Get Everton FC updates directly to your inbox
Everton failed to land the striker and defender Ronald Koeman had targeted on a frustrating deadline day.

The Blues secured the services of teenager winger Nikola Vlasic from Hajduk Split in a £10m deal and were hoping to complete a deal for Fulham youngster Dennis Adeniran but were unable to finalise the signing of players left on Koeman's wishlist.

Ross Barkley had looked certain to leave Goodison but after Everton had agreed a £35m deal with Chelsea the 23-year-old is said to have performed a dramatic u-turn and rejected a move to Stamford Bridge.

Oumar Niasse, despite interest from Crystal Palace, remains at Everton after the two clubs failed to agree a deal for the £10m-rated forward.

The Blues were also willing to listen to offers to take the out-of-favour Kevin Mirallas on a permanent deal after Koeman questioned his “attitude” but rejected loan approaches from West Ham and Olympiakos.

Koeman had spoke of the “importance” of signing a targetman before the 11pm deadline but despite making enquiries for a host of forwards, Everton were unable to get a deal over the line.

JS80304612.jpg

Olivier Giroud of Arsenal
The Blues, having missed out on first-choice Olivier Giroud, asked about Swansea's Fernando Llorente but the Spanish striker joined Spurs in a final day twist.

Lucas Perez, a target 12 months ago before he moved to Arsenal, was linked but opted on a return to Deportivo La Coruna.

Meanwhile an offer to take Thomas Vermaelen on loan, with a view to making it a permanent move, was made but Barcelona refused to sanction his release despite lengthy talks.

Oliver Giroud's WIFE said no to Everton
Koeman wanted to find left-sided defensive cover but will now have to make do with his current options at the back.

Everton finished the summer window having made eight senior signings in deals worth around £155m, breaking their transfer record to land Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea City in the process.

Wayne Rooney returned from Manchester United as Romelu Lukaku headed in the other direction for an initial £75m.

Rooe.jpg

Wayne Rooney back at his spiritual home.
Jordan Pickford, Michael Keane and Davy Klaassen all arrived in big money moves while the Blues triggered Sandro Ramirez's £5.2m release clause at Malaga.

Everton paid £7m to sign Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eupen, before loaning him to Anderlecht for the season, while Cuco Martina came in on a free transfer.

Koeman also sold Gerard Deulofeu and Tom Cleverley to Barcelona and Watford respectively.

Callum Connolly joined Ipswich Town on a season long loan deal.

Maybe it became apparent he wasn't going to pass the medical and it was more prudent not to do it than risk the reputational damage

I think he's just been told by Spurs, probably half way through his medical, to leave on a free next summer imo. He's saying he'll consider his options is January to avoid getting more flack.

As soon as January comes he'll go quiet, sign for no one and leave next summer on a free to get a huge signing on fee.

If he wanted to go to the World Cup he would have gone tonight. It's obvious his priority is money.

Don't think many are writing off Sandro just yet mate (deffo not me) problem is that it's going to take him a while to get up to the speed and the physicality of the prem, something we can't afford.

That's totally fair and I agree with basically everything you're saying. As the eternal optimist (i.e. moron) I still think Rooney/Sandro/DCL can probably get you to Rom's goal total last season especially when you factor Siggy in. Not getting another striker in today sucks and I'm as frustrated as everyone else probably but there's a lot to like about this team we are just going to make it difficult. Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back