Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I suppose the other consideration is clubs unwilling to sell their best players at this stage in the window.

Which is a clear known situation and cannot be an excuse mate, nearly 8 weeks since lukaku left, about 4 months since mori was crocked, leaving both this late strikes of us trotting out the same excuses as the last fifteen or more years.

This is a problem. To convince anyone to sell us a decent striker we would need to offer astronomical fees to even consider it.
If Chelsea want Barkley (reports this morning suggest we turned down a bid of 25m) and Cheslea are close to bringing in Llorente i'd see if we can get Michy Batshuayi in return. Proper football manager i know but I can't see the likes of Palace letting their No 1 striker go and Giroud appears to be happy warming Arsenal's bench. Batshuayi is very much a 2nd/3rd choice at Cheslea and might be available - especially if they want Ross
This would be good !

Something simply has to break today Striker wise. No chance of signing anyone of note if the likes of Joyce and Hunter haven't got wind of anything going in to tomorrow.

Going to be an interesting day either way.

See Lennon now linked with Burnley

Of course this is a totally different scenario as these were all established and first XI choices for their respective clubs.

This biff cannot even get a game for Watford and has had more clubs than Rory Mcilroy, his goalscoring record is laughable and he is a consummate journeyman looking at his CV.

I can see you are trying to put a positive viewpoint on it, but it doesn't really work in this case.

He's our Andy Gray

Weird Swansea selling so cheap, do they want to go down?
Drinkwater requests Chelsea move so that may block Barkley departure

...sounds like Chelsea wanted Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Barkley to improve their homegrown quota. With Oxlade-Chamberlain apparently preferring the Reds, I imagine Chelsea would still like Barkley.

Llorente is 32 and I think Swansea are bringing Bony in.

Batshayi is not getting a look in at Chelsea if they sign Llorente. To be honest at 14million we should have been all over Llorente, but hey, I guess we aren't they skilled in the transfer market or he just doesn't want to join us. Barkley for Batshayi straight swap, got to be worth a try. If not add 10million and it should be a deal.

...sounds like Chelsea wanted Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Barkley to improve their homegrown quota. With Oxlade-Chamberlain apparently preferring the Reds, I imagine Chelsea would still like Barkley.
Looks like they're putting all their Eggs in the same basket, Eggs.

Something simply has to break today Striker wise. No chance of signing anyone of note if the likes of Joyce and Hunter haven't got wind of anything going in to tomorrow.

Going to be an interesting day either way.

See Lennon now linked with Burnley

I would love to see Lennon go and that's not because I don't rate him ( I do ) I just want him to get some game time after the nightmare he has had this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back