Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Enough now. This surely was our final offer and let’s be honest a fair one, £10 million off their asking price and players than easily push it past the 80 mark. I like Zaha I really do but this is it now. Move on.
Why are we continuing to target players (Zaha, Doucoure) that we’ve been told categorically no?
I’d be honestly disgusted if we paid any more that £70 for Zaha now - I know we’re rich but we’re not City here let’s be smart
Plan Bs please Marcel

Based on Sky this morning(repeating it now) we offered £70 plus two players. Agree there have been separate talks about McCarthy but its as broad as its long, really, include him or not theres a valuation of around 8/9 million in him. £70million plus two players is worth £100 million to Palace. So another Ten million and Zaha could be ours.
Agreed, sky didn't make sense. 70mil, just paid 5ish for mcCarthy, plus tosun is 100mil value but that wasn't mentioned

Ok. Enough now. This surely was our final offer and let’s be honest a fair one, £10 million off their asking price and players than easily push it past the 80 mark. I like Zaha I really do but this is it now. Move on.
Why are we continuing to target players (Zaha, Doucoure) that we’ve been told categorically no?
I’d be honestly disgusted if we paid any more that £70 for Zaha now - I know we’re rich but we’re not City here let’s be smart
Plan Bs please Marcel

Who plan B?

Zaha is quality and will help us push for europe. If we can afford 65 million then surely we can find the extra 15 million

Conflicting reports all over the show,
think it's pretty snide from palace though and it may hurt them long-term,
No player is going to want to join them knowing they won't be allowed to move on in the future,
Zaha could well sulk and down tools which would be counter productive,
They may end up going down anyway and lose a fair amount of cash in the process

Who plan B?

Zaha is quality and will help us push for europe. If we can afford 65 million then surely we can find the extra 15 million
I have no idea who plan B is, but I’m sure for every position they have a back up in case, whether we’ve left it too late reminds to be seen but deals do move pretty fast on deadline day.
I get that he’s PL quality and an instant upgrade but that is really an unbelievably big price now and I can only imagine the wages. It’s not exactly fitting in with the Marcel strategy

If we haven’t already moved on from these 3 players (Zaha, Zouma, Doucoure) then we won’t be signing anybody. My guess is a CB will get done but nothing else

Yeah I assume there's some change of approach coming, especially given we were in for Doucoure. My point was just that I find it hard to look at the changes we've made and say we're stronger than we finished last season. Defence was a real strength for us in the tail end of the season and we've lost two of the key players in the spine of the team. I certainly hope Gbamin turns out to be great, and Mina stays fit, I just wish we had one or two more quality players signed.

Not replacing Zouma is a huge concern. Mina is great but we've not got the depth required unless Gibson and Holgate are truly ready to go.
Gbamin & Delph certainly indicate a change in tack from midfield, Doucoure is another in the same ilk.

I don't think the Zouma pursuit is over though and it's a simple plug and play for Saturday if Brands can get it over the line.

It’s not your money. It’s our billionaire owners, and our football clubs.

Does the Zaha signing make Everton better, is all I’m bothered about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back