Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen holgate in pre-season. The lad has gone backwards at West Brom. I have zero confidence in him covering any of the defensive positions and so does silva judging by the players we’re linked with. Expect him to be out of the club tomorrow either permanently or on loan tomorrow.
Also when referring to the preseason games Silva states that he did not blame Schniederlin or Davies in their poor performances because of having to play with the younger lads. Also playing in those games were Theo, McCarthy, Holgate, and Mirallas all of whom have been a part of the senior squad and not characterized as “one of the young lads”. Also seemed in his latest presser that he was not including Holgate as a rotation player either and would only be used as needed

....Jason Burt from the Telegraph says Everton will respond to Zaha’s (not Zouma’s) transfer request with an improved offer before transfer deadline and he understands it will be a ‘very big bid’.

Surely the bid will be less if he’s handed in a transfer request?

If we were to sign Zaha, Iwobi and a loan CB while also clearing the rest of the deadwood it seems to me like we would be looking at a net spend of ~80-85m and a wage increase of about 2m/year.

It's not impossible.

Yep... I keep hearing 'big spending Everton', but unless the Zaha transfer happens, we haven't spent big at all....

Shame we’re missing out on Zouma but I’m sure whoever Marcel buys will be class, even if it’s Smalling we could do a lot worse. I’d like us to splash money on one of the Leipzig defenders instead though.

Zaha throwing in the transfer request should be that one done and dusted. It’s a great signing.

Doucoure will be difficult but we’ll fire another offer in.

Sidibe is done.

This is a boss end to the window.
If we land Zaha and a decent CB, even on loan, it would have been a fantastic window. If we have also managed to tie down a January move for the young Brazilian lad, then it would just have been off the scale.

I'm not convinced we need another centre mid tbh but if we bring in another quality player there I won't be complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back