Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard is a great player, the only issue fir me is he doesn’t score goals very similar to pienaar in that respect. And even though he’s now had a season in the prem you still wouldn’t back him to get 5 next season. Add DCL scoring 6 and there is our problem.

If one of your front 3 doesn’t score it puts so much pressure on the other 2. We seen so many games last season that we dominated in spells, Arsenal away is one, for an hour and missed chances.

I think he would suit playing in the 10 role. He wouldn’t score as many as Siggurdsson but he would create a lot more. And would graft just as hard. To break the top 6/4 if we aren’t going to score as many as the other top teams, we will be relaying on winning 1-0 on a regular basis, which is very difficult to keep doing.

We need a front 3 that will score 50 to 60 goals.

You think he’d contribute to more goals than sigurdsson does in the 10 role? You’re talking about taking him from left wing as he doesn’t score enough and then suggest putting him in instead of one of the couple of players we have who can be relied upon for goals?

You think he’d contribute to more goals than sigurdsson does in the 10 role? You’re talking about taking him from left wing as he doesn’t score enough and then suggest putting him in instead of one of the couple of players we have who can be relied upon for goals?
I said he wouldn’t score as many. Maybe read the post again and you might understand it.
What did sigurdsson score from open play? Because he got loads of pens.

So we lose 6 or 7 goals from the player in the 10 role. But gain 15 from the new player on the left of the front 3.

And imo Bernard would create more chances than siggurdsson. So that’s factors into it as well.

Worries me that people want Bernard out of the starting 11. He’s by far our most exciting, creative player and got better and better as the season went on. I would rather see him in the team ahead of Richarlison - doesn’t throw himself around and can has genuine class. Controversial I know, especially with the goals Richarlison scored.
It comes down to end product. Bernard is a good player but unless he starts contributing his fair share of goals/assists then he is one of the weaker links. Richarlison is far more important to us.

It’s the same with DCL. He’s also a good player but he won’t be a great player unless he improves his numbers.

If we’re wanting to challenge higher up in the table then we need more than a couple of goals a season from our attacking players.

I said he wouldn’t score as many. Maybe read the post again and you might understand it.

So we lose 6 or 7 goals from the player in the 10 role. But gain 15 from the new player on the left of the front 3.

And imo Bernard would create more chances than siggurdsson. So that’s factors into it as well.

You did say he wouldn’t score as many. I asked if you thought he’d contribute to more as you did say he’d create more. Maybe read the post again and you might understand it.

Edit/ if this new winger is going to add 15 goals then I’d rather have that added to the 10+ from sigurdsson than the few that Bernard seems to chip in with. I’m a big fan of Bernard but sigurdsson is our best player in terms of productivity.

I’ve posted before but both city and Liverpool relied on the same 18-19 players all season and they’ve had champions league and plenty of cup games on top. Wolves finished 7th and picked the same 11 most weeks and probably relied on 15-17 players.

Agree, so strong competition in the squad drives better performance.
It would be a good comparison to see how many they actually have in their squad in case of injuries/suspensions*

(*although some teams can foul/dive as much as they want but don’t get booked so that part might be irrelevant)

Is 2 considered "loads" these days?

It comes down to end product. Bernard is a good player but unless he starts contributing his fair share of goals/assists then he is one of the weaker links. Richarlison is far more important to us.

It’s the same with DCL. He’s also a good player but he won’t be a great player unless he improves his numbers.

If we’re wanting to challenge higher up in the table then we need more than a couple of goals a season from our attacking players.

No. Why does every player need to hit a set number of goals to be effective? I despise this spreadsheet era we’re in.

No. Why does every player need to hit a set number of goals to be effective? I despise this spreadsheet era we’re in.

It ignores the fact that creating a goal, or being involved in the creation of a goal, actually LEADS TO A GOAL

Who cares whose scoring them so long as they're going in FFS?

If we qualified for Europe in the league and won a cup with a bunch of 1-0 wins from Kurt Zouma headers I wouldn't be remotely arsed

It ignores the fact that creating a goal, or being involved in the creation of a goal, actually LEADS TO A GOAL

Who cares whose scoring them so long as they're going in FFS?

If we qualified for Europe in the league and won a cup with a bunch of 1-0 wins from Kurt Zouma headers I wouldn't be remotely arsed

Without Bernard on the left we fail to get the best out of Digne as well. Not something that numbers on Wikipedia will tell you, more something you have to actually observe for yourself.

You did say he wouldn’t score as many. I asked if you thought he’d contribute to more as you did say he’d create more. Maybe read the post again and you might understand it.

Edit/ if this new winger is going to add 15 goals then I’d rather have that added to the 10+ from sigurdsson than the few that Bernard seems to chip in with. I’m a big fan of Bernard but sigurdsson is our best player in terms of productivity.
Siggurdsson stats from open play are very average, he takes virtually every set piece ( I know the 2nd half of the season Digne started to take more) but siggurdsson is not as as good from open play that people on here seem the think.

I would rather Digne be on set pieces and Yes I do think Bernard would create loads more in the 10 role.

When we were buying siggurdsson a stats man off sky, he’s an Everton fan. His name is something like Cheeseman? He said that Kevin mirralas in the 16/17 season created virtually the same chances from open play that season that Siggurdsson did for Swansea. In a lot less minutes.

This is the same Mirallas who was virtually booed every game and hated by most Everton fans.

Siggurdsson is a myth and we would be better with out him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back