Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 100 million figure is working on figures that have been quoted already mate. We have already told teams it's 35 million for Onyekuru. We have rejected mid 20's for Lookman so I imagine around 30 for him. I'd pitch what we would want for Vlasic arguably higher than that, given the season he has had this year in both the Russian and Champions league. You put it together and you have £100 million. It's not indicative of any drinking, just of using the figures people are quoted as being interested in buying 2 of the 3 at and previous offers we have knocked back.

I suspect we could find another loan to replace Zouma. I'm unsure why you think Mina, Keane and Holgate aren't good enough? What is this based upon? Mina and Keane when playing together are averaging 0.5 goals conceded per game together. How many better cb pairings can you name me? Mina is a Columbian international and Keane has just had two excellent games for the England national team. Holgate has probably been the best full back in the championship since he went there. Lots of work to do, but a long way from the nightmare scenario you are painting.

How many games has Baines played this season? We have the best left back in the league? We also have an American international (who didn't fair too badly against Dembele/Mbappe last summer) waiting to return. We also have a lad who can play at left back in Gibson who is playing for the best reserve team in the country at 18. I suspect those 2 can likely cover the handful of games Baines has played?

Neither Walcott nor Schneiderlin will be 30. It's hard to engage with that discussion much beyond that, as it's an out and out fabrication to suggest as much. Since he re-emergence into the team we haven't conceded a goal with Schneiderlin in the team. He looks back to his old self. I suspect someone in France would have him, but if not that sort of performance will do me (especially if Gana goes). Likewise we may have a problem with Walcott, we have to hope he can recapture last season's form. Probably unlikely but far from impossible. He's still in his prime (albeit at the later end of it).

Yes Brands is going to do exactly what you said. It's hardly a revelation and it hardly contradicts any points I've made does it? Unproven players like the leagues best left back in Lucas Digne for example? We were (within the terms of reference) successful with the approach under Moyes and if we can get that approach working for us again we will benefit from it greatly, especially with the additional funds we now have available.

Alongside this, you have the youngest squad in the league. Lots of players who are only going to get better as they are getting more experience and physicality. We also have the best under 23's squad in the league and one of the best under 18's.

If on top of the 100 million or so I have outlined from the 3 lads above and the 30-40 we get from the other players we can spend another 200 million over the next 3 windows, on 8-10 players of the same calibre we have added it's easy to see us being very competitive again.

Before making jibes about people drinking, I'd strongly urge you check your own posts to make sure the ages you are referencing are indeed accurate.
Walcott is 30 and Schneiderlin will be 30 this year.
You need 4 cb's for a full season.
Lookman hasn't played much so his transfer value will plummet.

No team team will give us 30m for vlasic

What is sad is that Ross seems like the midfielder we could use right now (essentially Gomes but with higher offensive potential). But in my opinion, he let his ego get ahead of him and the pressure and expectations from us fans get to him.

Koeman stitched him up and the club let him, better than any midfielder we have now, Gomes could end up better but needs to up his offensive game a lot.

Walcott is 30 and Schneiderlin will be 30 this year.
You need 4 cb's for a full season.
Lookman hasn't played much so his transfer value will plummet.

No team team will give us 30m for vlasic

Yes he's just turned 30, I take it back.

Lookman has done ok this season, he's a young lad and I can't see his value plummeting to Brands, who rejected 20+ million last season.

Vlasic will not be sold for less than what we want for Onyekuru, we will want more for him. We have asked for 35 million for Onyekuru. Do some maths, 35 + 35 + x (where x is a figure that is above 20) and what do you get.

Again we have Mina, Keane, Holgate and likely 1 loanee (as I said in the post). We may even see Zouma stay, which I hope but sense it won't work that way.

I hope that has alleviated your concerns.

Didnt even realise norwich were top! Leeds seemed as though they would win it at a canter...

Norwich have the highest goals scored but also the highest conceded...

Think Aarons seems to be the highly rated player this season. Sessegnon is also still young and going down with Fulham...hsrd to gauge if they can make the step up.
Brands will have to work serious magic to get Aaron’s here mate. As I have said previously we have definitely scouted him, however so have Spurs, Arsenal and Juve have scouted both Norwich fullbacks this season. Ironically their scout who I play footy with reckons last week was the worst he had seen him play. Think we will be looking for cheaper alternatives elsewhere than paying the English premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.