Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, as Moshiri and Brands said, the idea is to get promising youngsters on low wages but high(ish) transfer fees is true, why sell him then? If Sigurdsson is out, we have Tom Davies as backup. Why not keep him and rotate with Gylfi seeing as he is 30 and not in the long term plans?

I don't have an issue with him going, I just don't see the point in offloading him for 14mil ffs.

I'd imagine because he doesn't want to play for Everton. He wasn't a Brands/Silva signing so there clearly isn't a place for him in the forthcoming squad.
Davies may well be the backup currently, however there are 8 or 9 weeks until the season starts and I'd be surprised if that is still the situation as we progress.

Not a bad deal if true, we've basically doubled our money on a squad player who our manager saw fit to banish to the reserves last year.

He looks like he has ability but he'd rather play for an average club in Russia ahead of trying to force his way into a competitive side playing in the best league in Europe. We won't miss him.

If Henry has the same attitude (work permit aside) and would rather play for a garbage team in Turkey than fight for a place hear, bin him off as well.

Mate he’s like 21 this isn’t his final move. Who is more likely to get him playing at the Bernabeu - us or CSKA?
Seriously? I'd say it's fairly obvious that him doing well with us in the Premier League would be far more beneficial to him getting a move than in the Russian League. He's done very well there last year, got in the team of the season and was clearly for sale yet no one else has come in for him despite him being only 21.

I'm not saying he's staying in Russia forever but being a backup here and playing well is a lot better for him than playing in some no mark league where Niasse did well if getting a big move is what he wanted. I suspect he wanted a lot of playing time and wanted to be one of the big fish and that's why he went.

If, as Moshiri and Brands said, the idea is to get promising youngsters on low wages but high(ish) transfer fees is true, why sell him then? If Sigurdsson is out, we have Tom Davies as backup. Why not keep him and rotate with Gylfi seeing as he is 30 and not in the long term plans?

I don't have an issue with him going, I just don't see the point in offloading him for 14mil ffs.

Because that wouldn't make him happy mate

I felt like you that I'd like him in rotation or as an option, but the lad wants to play, which is admirable of him but means he isn't going to want to sit on our bench

In situations like that, it's honestly best just to let the player go

Player wanted to go.
Seemed a bit of a bell.
Was rubbish when he played, isn’t gonna get in team.

What are people moaning about?

I agree

Never got that impression

Definitely wasn't rubbish, showed some good potential

It's a shame a player who looked like he could offer something is off. This isn't an Ashley Williams or Cuco Martina situation, Vlasic was young and looked like he could still offer something

I agree

Never got that impression

Definitely wasn't rubbish, showed some good potential

It's a shame a player who looked like he could offer something is off. This isn't an Ashley Williams or Cuco Martina situation, Vlasic was young and looked like he could still offer something
Pretty much spot on except he did seem like a tit to me but honestly so many footballers are I don't really care. If they can play they can play.

Ings is ours!

0501AF14-E991-47B8-B96B-E1D82CDB512A.jpeg

The Russian sports websites are reporting the fee as 13.5 million €, rising to 15 million (+ a sell-on clause). CSKA was never going to pay more than that, they don't have the money (Vlasic is now their record signing). Apparently he personally chose to stay in Moscow over an offer by an Italian CL club.

I know you can only sell what people are buying but I'd rather send him out on loan for another year to a German or Italian side for another season if that is the best we can get. His price tag will be increasing all the time.

He's been one of the best players in the Russian leauge at 21. We bought Billy for 10m a decade ago and now with the market being absolutely mental we can only get 14m for vlasic?

I'm a massive fan of brands but this is poor business imo.

...the Premiership market is mental, clearly there wasn’t competition for Vlasic’s signature. I’m only aware of loan links to Turkey, the player might not have agreed a loan deal if his mind was set on Moscow.

Status
Not open for further replies.