Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here thinking we should have never sacked Martinez (I’m pretty sure I wanted him gone at the time as well), just been patient until that summer, and then give him the massive budget to sort the defence out and add a bit more talent up top.
Every decision since then has been to the detriment

mulling is my favourite, I take absolutely no notice until the club starts to mull.
Not sure about anywhere else, but years ago, "mull" was Aussie slang for smoking weed.

Quite clearly that's how the Everton power chiefs understand the term. At present they are mulling over whether to offer Ruud van Nistelrooy a contract, after all he hasn't turned 50. It's mulling that led to Neal Maupay joining our circus along with many other clowns.

The Everton boardroom in full swing.

photo-1621282408091-1c82804b42f7.webp

Harrison is the only Leeds player id be interested in
He’s 26 and 27 a few months into next season, probably reached his level which is a decent level, but seems very much our level. And mainly plays were McNeil plays, got 5 goals last year 8 the season before.

I’d rather take a punt on a youngster and hope he kicks on then spend 20 on a player that doesn’t really help us loads Imo

I really like Gnonto. My Leeds supporting mate loves him. Dare I say it, this would be an exciting signing.

However, I still doubt it's validity. Is it really a genuine source? Is it being attributed to the right journalist? Also, he really doesn't seem like a Dyche player and we don't have any money. Something seems very off about this.

Also, as lots of people have said: why aren't we buying these players the move before this one??!
Maybe a kt player who has sold him to dyche still have no idea what is going on this window. You would still expect the big money would be spent on a cf

Well if the Gnonto thing turns out to be true, just goes to show, even seemingly jarg sources can get it right sometimes.

It was broken by this guy, with just 108 followers.

Screenshot_20230711_000103_Twitter.webp

And was then 'confirmed' by this guy with 150k followers:

Screenshot_20230711_000503_Twitter.webp

Could be but I wouldn't like it personally. I genuinely do think we're in desperate need of a big 6ft5 lump of a striker at the very least who can hold up the ball and win headers, the team is crying out for it as we're basically purposefully built for set pieces and crosses. I don't think a player like that costs much anymore in a certain skill bracket.

If we got those 3, Young and a centre forward I think we'd be perfectly fine, could look to aim for 10th-15th, basically not a relegation battle. I'd like another centre half but I don't think we'll get one and we'll effectively just replace Mina with Branthwaite and not replace Coady. Who knows what the late loan market could bring though, if we could get Young, Gnonto and Rodrigo in for pre season at least I wouldn't mind waiting for further sales or seeing what opens up in terms of deals.

There are 2 very bad things we could do, 1. Splurge what we have now and hope for the best or 2. Wait until the end of window for the majority of business. Think we desperately need bodies now but we can't just pickup anyone that'll come.

Good post mate.

Would you take say:

Young
Rodrigo
Harrison
Gnoto
Weighorst.

I honestly think our budget might not go that far, if it does I don’t see it going beyond it.

Love to know how Brighton did it, fancy a manager seeing his new striker for the first time in training. Maupay is short and is useless in the air. The ball is played over the top a 38 year old Baines who is taking the session, jogs past him and passes back to keeper, hmmm no pace either. The ball is played up to Maupay and Maupay is knocked off the ball with ease, hmm can't hold it up, wait a minute he can't beat a man and he can't score..I actually can not think of a strength he actually has, little wonder we are trying to sell him.

He usually played wide for them. Same for Brentford, they had him a bit wider and Ollie Watkins through the middle IIRC.

He simply can't do anything DCL at his best can do as we saw in the run in so for that reason alone it was a poor signing and much rather be starting Gray and obviously McNeill out wide.

He'll go out on a season long loan near end of the window I reckon.

Good post mate.

Would you take say:

Young
Rodrigo
Harrison
Gnoto
Weighorst.

I honestly think our budget might not go that far, if it does I don’t see it going beyond it.
Not for me plus you would like think the club would use loan spots aswell, dont think dyche would want weighorst. I still think we could see another cm and cb come in aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back