Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched that tonight, I am convinced we played or will be playing ,a behind closed doors today or tomorrow because that entire XI plus bench looked like a completely sellable.

We need at least 5 in because that squad is so thin and the under 23/21's look years away.

Why a striker is already in is baffling! Players on their final year like Gomes, Iwobi, etc aren't get anything so shift them out. A Saudi League blow billions all around the World on worse players yet we can't get a few hundred.

We didn't look massively fit despite the infamous "Manager Day" and we have no real pace anywhere.

Thelwell needs shooting for this.
Safest spot in the world blindfolded in front of our shooters...

I know he's a right-footed LW, but these are the kinds of player we should be going for. Lad's a top talent and affordable. Why do we never go for these kinds of deals??
View attachment 219447
Im sorry, where in there does it mention "PrEmIeR LeAgUe PrOvEn"?

We are held hostage by a CEO that has no idea what the modern game even entails and an owner who is fine with that. Until at least one of them leave nothing is going to change. We said for YEARS in the end-Moyes years we should be pushing to sign the top youngsters as a "best of the rest" scenario. Nope. Gylfi fn Sigurdsson is the "answer" at 45m. I swear, somewhere about Martinez, Moshiri just decided to scrap everything about the club. Deulofeu? Nope. Barkley? Nope(this could have gone either way). Lukaku? OPENLY racist remarks that he never got called out on. John Stones? "they're not booing you John!".

He was enamored with immediately being the great owner and did 0 of the legwork. Never hired even a GOOD manager much less a great one until Carlo and he more or less bombed out. He had an obsession with Marco fn Silva until it cost us 10m to hire an UNEMPLOYED MANAGER who was completely overmatched to begin with.

Its insane just how awful we have been ran since he took over. I'd kill for 5-8th with a cup every decade or 2. Because I've never seen ANY success from this club and I started in 2002-2003.

Another summer of being linked to people to appear active, while not actually having the funds or intent to purchase.
Panic buys on or near deadline day of Patrick Bamford, Michail Antonio or Wout Weghorst or the likes. Or maybe even that is too optimistic?!

This transfer window always was and still is absolutely crucial, now even more so with the departures leaving a very thin squad. Where is the planning? Where is the intent? They didn’t sign in January, they had all this time to prepare and act. If we don’t have the funds it was even more critical to identify value for money additions and secure them quickly. Once again failed by the sheer mediocrity and ineptitude of the higher ups.

Che Adams, Nacho ears, Wout Weghorst are all upgrades for our diabolical squad. All 3 of them are far cheaper and better suited to our squad than El Billal Toure who is pure potential and although young still isn’t even a current Mali international footballer that would of commanded a ridiculous fee. You’d get 2 of the others plus change for one El Billal. At this point we need numbers, even with a couple of new signings we are a couple of injuries away from having no options to lead the line effectively.
Most people won’t like it, those players mentioned are not good enough but that’s exactly where this club is. The fact the club has had since before they sold Richarlison to get irons in the fire to help get strikers through the door with no result is an absolute disgrace but with the cretins involved in the process it’s not surprising.
What.A.Club.
I would take Weghorst purely as a targetman who could give us options and hold the ball up for the likes of Danjuma and McNeal.

This is Kenwright managing the "transition".
He has probably promised MSP that we won't spend money and they can come in on September 1st with him keeping his job.

Everton's transfer policy has a new mascot.

Fukuppy-001.jpg

And, if you're bothered :

I would take Weghorst purely as a targetman who could give us options and hold the ball up for the likes of Danjuma and McNeal.
No , just no.
He isn't even a target man ( although I accept that in the World Cup Holland brought him on in the last 5 minutes and pumped the ball up to him as plan B)

….he might not want to sign an extension.
I agree. If he doesn't see a pathway to the first team under Dyche why would he.
He would be better off playing under a young progressive coach like Schumacher, who just happens to be a big blue.

I agree. If he doesn't see a pathway to the first team under Dyche why would he.
He would be better off playing under a young progressive coach like Schumacher, who just happens to be a big blue.

…ha, ha what a nonsense of a statement ‘pathway to the first team’ is. I could give you a ‘pathway to the first team’ but you’ll only play if you’re deemed good enough.

I remember Lewis Gibson getting a ‘pathway to the first team’, he’s just joined Plymouth.

Things haven’t changed since the beginning of time, the very special ones force their way into the first team. Very few prove the club wrong.

Last edited:
…ha, ha what a nonsense of a statement ‘pathway to the first team’ is. I could give you a ‘pathway to the first team’ but you’ll only play if you’re deemed good enough.

I remember Lewis Gibson getting a ‘pathway to the first team’, he’s just joined Plymouth.
I'm not saying he is currently good enough to play in the first XI or should be playing.
I think it was yourself who said he might not want to sign an extension to his contract and I agreed putting forward a possible reason.
I don't know him or his family so have no idea what he is thinking.
Why all the angst amigo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back