Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying he is currently good enough to play in the first XI or should be playing.
I think it was yourself who said he might not want to sign an extension to his contract and I agreed putting forward a possible reason.
I don't know him or his family so have no idea what he is thinking.
Why all the angst amigo?

….it’s no angst, Matey, it’s just a nonsense of a phrase.

Neil Dewnsip in director of football roll.
Had a big part to play when Moyes was at the club
Mate of mine is a coach there. Says Schuey(his words not mine) and Dewy (my words not his) are using their North West network extensively. Understandable like. If LW goes then maybe he's not up to the task. Sad if so but wouldn't be the first.

Mate of mine is a coach there. Says Schuey(his words not mine) and Dewy (my words not his) are using their North West network extensively. Understandable like. If LW goes then maybe he's not up to the task. Sad if so but wouldn't be the first.
Plymouth played some excellent football last season , with a very unusual and interesting formation ( wing backs and two no10s).
Against all the odds and with one of the smaller budgets they were promoted as champions with 100 points .
The manager and DoF are both blues.
They are building a very young team which is very mobile. They need a CDM and that's where they want to play Warrington.
He'd be a good fit and good experience.
Championship is probably the right level for him at the moment .

Neil Dewnsip in director of football roll.
Had a big part to play when Moyes was at the club

…..he was a teacher at Cardinal Heenan. I watched his school team play with Sean Doherty (England Schoolboys/Everton) & James McCleveley (Blackburn/Scotland) and he was such an innovative coach. Steven Schumacher was also at Cardinal Heenan (England Schoolboys in the same year as Alan Moogan & John Welch), they will know each other from way back.

Everton snapped Dewsnip up but he left to join the England youth set up. I’d have liked him here as DoF instead of Thelwell, proper football man.

And what would Everton do asks Bungle Bill?

Put in lowball/late bids for players out of reach

Only pay £20m+ for players we could have taken chance on year earlier for £3m

Appoint closet red to DoF with no great track record

Tell potential investors that him staying on board is pre-requisite to any investment……

Interesting MrH.
They have made 4 signings so far this season
Mumba from Norwich
Whittaker from Swansea
Hazard from Celtic
Gibson free from us

Rumoured to have done a deal for Azaz from Aston Villa.

Can't think of many north west connections there apart from Gibson

Last edited:
Yeah? Any screenshots of this...sounds sensational
Screenshot_20230726_081329.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back