Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting MrH.
They have made 4 signings so far this season
Mumba from Norwich
Whittaker from Swansea
Hazard from Celtic
Gibson free from us

Rumoured to have done a deal for Azaz from Aston Villa.

Can't think of many north west connections there apart from Gibson
Right oh. Schumacher and Dewsnip both heavily rely on their networks in NW. Trust me. Your spotters guide to the Championship is welcome though.

So, looking at current rumours

Warrington either on loan/sold to Plymouth
Cannon on loan to Preston
Mills on loan to Oxford

They are our 3 best u21 prospects, so if they aren't being kept around an already paper thin squad, God help the rest of them.

I'd personally have the above 3 in and around the squad due to us having no options whatsoever. It'll be 2 keepers on the bench for Fulham.

Absolutely bloody woeful squad of options we currently have and until recruitment's are brought in, its just weakening the squad getting rid of the ones who at least have a bit of something about them.

…..he was a teacher at Cardinal Heenan. I watched his school team play with Sean Doherty (England Schoolboys/Everton) & James McCleveley (Blackburn/Scotland) and he was such an innovative coach. Steven Schumacher was also at Cardinal Heenan (England Schoolboys in the same year as Alan Moogan & John Welch), they will know each other from way back.

Everton snapped Dewsnip up but he left to join the England youth set up. I’d have liked him here as DoF instead of Thelwell, proper football man.
Speaking of nonsense phrases

Mills on loan to Oxford

They are our 3 best u21 prospects, so if they aren't being kept around an already paper thin squad, God help the rest of them.

I'd personally have the above 3 in and around the squad due to us having no options whatsoever. It'll be 2 keepers on the bench for Fulham.

Absolutely bloody woeful squad of options we currently have and until recruitment's are brought in, its just weakening the squad getting rid of the ones who at least have a bit of something about them.

"Paper thin" ?

Mills on loan to Oxford

….I can see Okoronkwo & even Sherif leapfrogging Cannon in the pecking order next season. I thought Okoronkwo stepped up on his previous appearance last night. He was up against a mountain of a professional but showed some decent technique running the channels and occupying the CB. i think Sherif has just signed his first contract so must be well thought of to get some game time.

Two with promise.

"Paper thin" ?

Yes Zat it is a paper thin squad that lacks quality and depth.

Don't post the squad either, there's players that won't be getting used (Gbamin, Gomes, Dele for starters) and then the likes of Holgate, Godfrey who shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

And we are still sticking a 5ft little dwarf up top who looks like the 2nd coming of John Spencer

It lacks quality in lots of departments, it lacks creativity, it lacks goals.

….I can see Okoronkwo & even Sherif leapfrogging Cannon in the pecking order next season. I thought Okoronkwo stepped up on his previous appearance last night. He was up against a mountain of a professional but showed some decent technique running the channels and occupying the CB. i think Sherif has just signed his first contract so must be well thought of to get some game time.

I'm not convinced by Okoronkwo eggs I've got to be honest. Sherif certainly has something about him and I'd imagine his target is to be promoted to a regular u21 starter.

I don't think Okoronkwo was an out and out striker/target man when we signed him from Sunderland, but thats certainly the path they look like they're heading down with him, especially since Cannon went out on loan last season.

Interesting MrH.
They have made 4 signings so far this season
Mumba from Norwich
Whittaker from Swansea
Hazard from Celtic
Gibson free from us

Rumoured to have done a deal for Azaz from Aston Villa.

Can't think of many north west connections there apart from Gibson
Lewis would be the 4th ex Everton youngster in the squad so that looks like a clear link to me.

Last edited:

Yes Zat it is a paper thin squad that lacks quality and depth.

Don't post the squad either, there's players that won't be getting used (Gbamin, Gomes, Dele for starters) and then the likes of Holgate, Godfrey who shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

And we are still sticking a 5ft little dwarf up top who looks like the 2nd coming of John Spencer

It lacks quality in lots of departments, it lacks creativity, it lacks goals.

So when you say "paper thin" squad...what you mean is "paper thin" squad of players you consider good enough ?

It likely that the starting line up against Fulham will be made up of players already here. Anyone we sign from now will be on the bench, I think. So up front it will be either Maupay or Danjuma played out of position. I'd take a draw with that set up

We need 2 forwards in the next two weeks

I don't necessarily blame Thelwell either. He's probably not great at his job but I doubt he is being given the help he needs to do his job either. I think the level of backing being provided to the manager by the owner and chairman is unacceptable.

Protests should have continued against the running of the club throughout the summer.

So when you say "paper thin" squad...what you mean is "paper thin" squad of players you consider good enough ?

No, I mean paper thin as in paper thin in obvious quality.

Current available strikers for Everton? Maupay
Currently available creative players for Everton? Iwobi (and I use him half heartedly) and Mcneil

Take away the number of centre halves and now full backs who pad out the squad numbers - if you think having 1 available striker and 2 semi creative players means it isn't a paper thin squad then I can't help you.

A squad that isn't paper thin doesn't need to put 2 keepers, 2 centre halves, a left back and a right back on the bench Zat which is pretty much what we done from Feb onwards and without more recruitment's that's exactly what we'll be doing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back