Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued to be linked with Gnonto. Very similar story than el bilal...weeks of links and we may eventually make a move when it's too late as other teams will eventually enter the race. They will never learn.

New recruits needed to be in and settled for day 1 of pre season. Get them in, get them familiar and bonding with the squad.

Nope, impossible for us to do anything the correct way for a change.

Continued to be linked with Gnonto. Very similar story than el bilal...weeks of links and we may eventually make a move when it's too late as other teams will eventually enter the race. They will never learn.
Really surprised that other clubs have not shown any meaningful interest in the lad.

Morning toffees. How are we today?
Feeling good Jim, Utd lost 3-1 to Wrexham so gauging that on how important pre-seaon results are in the bolton thread we should be looking at champs league this season.

If only those at the club realised that multi million pound contracts are as simple as an Amazon DVD order and the DoF wore his old umbro boots to work with footy socks rolled over his trackies, and we would be laughing

No, I mean paper thin as in paper thin in obvious quality.

Current available strikers for Everton? Maupay
Currently available creative players for Everton? Iwobi (and I use him half heartedly) and Mcneil

Take away the number of centre halves and now full backs who pad out the squad numbers - if you think having 1 available striker and 2 semi creative players means it isn't a paper thin squad then I can't help you.

A squad that isn't paper thin doesn't need to put 2 keepers, 2 centre halves, a left back and a right back on the bench Zat which is pretty much what we done from Feb onwards and without more recruitment's that's exactly what we'll be doing again.

Quality can be subjective which is why i said players you consider good enough :p

Who do you think is good enough in the squad or at least who would you keep?

No strikers soon.

Mourinho surely wouldnt take DCL.

I'd be really surprised if this happens. Unless we have a replacement lined up?

Gray £12mil
Holgate £8mil
DCL £10mil

£30mil + whatever we have to spend currently.

I dont believe the rumour at all but if the choice is to keep DCL or sign a new CF you go for the new option.

So, looking at current rumours

Warrington either on loan/sold to Plymouth
Cannon on loan to Preston
Mills on loan to Oxford

They are our 3 best u21 prospects, so if they aren't being kept around an already paper thin squad, God help the rest of them.

I'd personally have the above 3 in and around the squad due to us having no options whatsoever. It'll be 2 keepers on the bench for Fulham.

Absolutely bloody woeful squad of options we currently have and until recruitment's are brought in, its just weakening the squad getting rid of the ones who at least have a bit of something about them.
I do believe that Cannon and Mills have the best chance of making the grade , it is such a pity that Cannon has not been able to play so far so that we could gauge how close he is.

However, a season away at a good club playing every week would benefit them much more in the longer term than sitting on our bench every week.

The loan seems to have worked well for Branthwaite last season and for Cannon as well.

I think Okoronkwo may be around the first team squad this year and I thought Nyango also looked well in the second half and he looks physically very strong now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back