Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protests should have continued against the running of the club throughout the summer.
They tried and under 100 people showed up post season at the Liver Building, on a gloriously sunny weekend day.

Apathy rules at Everton FC. The leadership have ground down the fans over close to 3 decades and have convinced plenty were doing well 'under the circumstances.'

Hats off to those who organise the protests last season, but when you see equal numbers standing around filming the marches rather than joining in means you're up against it.

It would take a genuine catastrophe for the majority to wake up.

Anyway, to get back on track with the thread..... Any sniff of a signing before stoke?

I do believe that Cannon and Mills have the best chance of making the grade , it is such a pity that Cannon has not been able to play so far so that we could gauge how close he is.

However, a season away at a good club playing every week would benefit them much more in the longer term than sitting on our bench every week.

The loan seems to have worked well for Branthwaite last season and for Cannon as well.

I think Okoronkwo may be around the first team squad this year and I thought Nyango also looked well in the second half and he looks physically very strong now.
Nyarko?

Quality can be subjective which is why i said players you consider good enough :p

Who do you think is good enough in the squad or at least who would you keep?

Mourinho surely wouldnt take DCL.

Who I would keep

Pickford
Virginia
Tyrer (out on loan)
Coleman
Patterson
Young
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Garner
Onana
Gueye
Doucoure
Mcneil
DCL
Iwobi (at a push)

And due to lack of depth, the 3 below I'd keep

Mills
Cannon
Warrington

I'd be happy for the following to be sold

Lonergan (though understand he's 3rd choice)
Keane
Holgate
Godfrey
Mykolenko
Gray
Maupay

9 of the outfield players I've mentioned are defenders and 4 of them you could sell and they wouldn't be missed. It's top heavy with defenders who are absolutely dreadful at their job.

Continued to be linked with Gnonto. Very similar story than el bilal...weeks of links and we may eventually make a move when it's too late as other teams will eventually enter the race. They will never learn.
We’re in a 1 horse race on Gnonto, Leeds are in no position where they have to sell and if you listen to their fans, they’ll only entertain stupid money for him

Feeling good Jim, Utd lost 3-1 to Wrexham so gauging that on how important pre-seaon results are in the bolton thread we should be looking at champs league this season.

If only those at the club realised that multi million pound contracts are as simple as an Amazon DVD order and the DoF wore his old umbro boots to work with footy socks rolled over his trackies, and we would be laughing

Payments terms for the fees are just like Klarna as well.

Get it sorted Kev lad.

We need 2 forwards in the next two weeks

I don't necessarily blame Thelwell either. He's probably not great at his job but I doubt he is being given the help he needs to do his job either. I think the level of backing being provided to the manager by the owner and chairman is unacceptable.

Protests should have continued against the running of the club throughout the summer.
Think people needed a well earned break tbh mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back