Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Garner
Onana
Doucoure
McNeil
DCL

Only 10 with Coleman, Young, Gana at a push.

Even saying that, i still think we only need to focus on 2 quality signings and 1 promising centre midfielder.

We need to sort 2 attackers out and add depth in the middle.
About 9 of the 15 were goalkeepers and defenders Zat so unless we are playing an 8-1-1 formation it isn't a large number at all.

Mills to Oxford on loan?

He looks to me the most PL ready of the young lads we have.

Absolutely daft decision to loan him out.
On what universe is he prem ready? He's not played a single minute in the prem has he? He's never played competitive football, and yesterday against a league one team he didn't stand out at all.

A loan at this stage is exactly what's needed

Nah it’s a good loan for him, he still looked a tad raw last night
Not for me.

Last night I saw a player who recognised his FB Higgins was in need of a lot of cover and he played for the team not himself. He's eager to get forward and doesn't lose the ball often. Retaining possession is half the job in the PL.

If our management dont recognise that then there's no way forward for this club. There'll be a collapse in morale if loan deals (usually with an eye to a small fee sale) prevail for every talent coming through. It needs to stop.

On what universe is he prem ready? He's not played a single minute in the prem has he? He's never played competitive football, and yesterday against a league one team he didn't stand out at all.

A loan at this stage is exactly what's needed

"PL ready" means exactly what it says: he's ready to get some time there.

If you didn't recognise what he was doing last night then that's maybe the difference between someone who looks beyond eye catching individual skills on the night and those who cant manage that.

None of them are prem ready tbh, I'd rather mills goes and plays proper men's football at champ/league 1
It's proper mens football in the PL too.

We're seeing a generation of young players who are thrown out in favour of older players here at Everton. There WILL be consequences. There already are.

If you didn't recognise what he was doing last night then that's maybe the difference between someone who looks beyond eye catching individual skills on the night and those who cant manage that.
I agree that he should be in the squad and could easily cope with minutes in the prem. however I can’t see for a minute dyche giving him minutes. He’s a sucker for experience. Could only see him getting minutes later in the season if we where safe by then.

If we could manage to get him over the line...and Gnonto then id be quite comfortable with our attack for a season.

Then go for the young high potential midfielder we need as a rotation player and were done.
We definitely need a new CB. As an injury to tarks or branthwaite and we have Keane starting.

you must have watched a different game, he couldn't beat a man, shoot or put any decent balls in.

Again, this was against a league one team, how does he do it against prem defenders?

The only player from the u21 who looked like they could be of use for us is dobbin, and Virginia looked a handy number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back