Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we dont land El Bilal Toure, Dia or another CF...

...would anyone be comfortable with Danjuma up top and Iling-Junior + Gnonto brought in to rotate with McNeil, Doucoure and Iwobi -- with Gray sold?

Get through a season and those two would probably replace Iwobi and Doucoure.

….big leap of faith thinking Thelwell can land Illing & Gnonto.

Left sided attacking players are our new no10s... Can we not learn from history????? FFS McNeill does not need 4 replacements/backups.

Gnonto has played most gamed as a 'support striker'...Iling Junior and him can also play both wings.

If we have McNeil, Doucoure and Iwobi botj of them can cover every position.

Regarding Danjuma coming in...he can also play CF as he did in Spain.

If we dont land El Bilal Toure, Dia or another CF...

...would anyone be comfortable with Danjuma up top and Iling-Junior + Gnonto brought in to rotate with McNeil, Doucoure and Iwobi -- with Gray sold?

Get through a season and those two would probably replace Iwobi and Doucoure.
I do believe that Danjuma will play plenty of CF but the main issue I see there is that Maupay would likely be kept in that scenario, since we need at least two outside of Dom. Plus I bet that Dyche wants to play two true CFs at times this year, which would only be possible when Dom was fit. So while I understand the idea, not sure it’s realistic for a Dyche team with a broken first choice striker.

Can we rename this thread title to who can moan the most in here summer transfer window 23.

@matty1878 we have challenges for your title here.

It's going to be a difficult summer to sign players as we have limited funds and will require payments terms spread over a few years which selling clubs might not want.

Majority of our signings will happen late in the window unfortunately.

Does Dyche get any credit for keeping up the worst ever Everton squad any manager has ever inherited

Not for me because I believe if he'd of been a better manager he'd of had us safe alot sooner then the final day.

Refusing to play Patterson, persisting with keane when we had mina on the bench. Playing Maupay when we had simms. Pushing onana into advanced positions when he's better as a cdm.

The fact he completely fell to bits when Doucoure got sent off against spurs and was out for 3 games.

His in game decision making it abysmal. His team selection is dreadful. Fulham lost 5 on the bounce, no striker, no manager and everyone at that ground knew we'd be beat by them because of that team selection.

In short hes a poor manager.

Probably one of our best deals in recent years, we have players who play every week and give us the same output as Moise Kean, nothing.
Moise Kean is literally the example of why you do sign young, high potential players like that: it went about as badly as it could in an Everton shirt and we still came out of it with a profit. Imagine what we'd have made if it went well.

Should be doing more of it not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back