Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, the point goes right over your head.

That squad is crap, it’s proven in every preseason game this year we have literally no threat.

The same issue as last year, the same as the year before
The point hasn't gone over anyones head, but cherry picking stats to imagine Dyche's performance to be the same as lampards will rightly induce an eye roll from most

The point hasn't gone over anyones head, but cherry picking stats to imagine Dyche's performance to be the same as lampards will rightly induce an eye roll from most
well it clearly has; the point was about our team and the little impact our striking output has.

But just to clarify, which part was cherry picked??

The number of games managed, or the number of games won??

We're in a better position than last year in that the manager is more equipped for relegation fodder.

But we're still relegation fodder.

Sorry to piss on the bonfire of a few - I get it, until the last few years I've done the same and blagged myself with pre-season optimism.

But we're on the back of two atrocious seasons, and we've not addressed the the biggest reason we were fighting relegation.

Whether you have a Champions League winning manager, or Frank Lampard - you still need to have players in the final third who can create and an actual centre forward.

1st September last year;

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.

How we can bring in Tarkowski and Coady for no transfer fee, but completely neglect forward areas is beyond me.

Hope Calvert-Lewin can stay fit and hope we can stay out the bottom 3 come January and hope the club get their finger out and bring in some support.

Lampards right, there's a void in attacking areas. Replacing a player who directly contributed over a third of our goals last season in Richarlison with Maupay and McNeil doesn't bode well.

^ It's still all this.

We're in a better position than last year in that the manager is more equipped for relegation fodder.

But we're still relegation fodder.

Sorry to piss on the bonfire of a few - I get it, until the last few years I've done the same and blagged myself with pre-season optimism.

But we're on the back of two atrocious seasons, and we've not addressed the the biggest reason we were fighting relegation.

Whether you have a Champions League winning manager, or Frank Lampard - you still need to have players in the final third who can create and an actual centre forward.

1st September last year;

^ It's still all this.
But Lampard is a very bad manager and Sean Dyche isnt a bad manager, he just needs players?

Why didnt Lampard just need players???????????????????

well it clearly has; the point was about our team and the little impact our striking output has.

But just to clarify, which part was cherry picked??

The number of games managed, or the number of games won??
The games and the points won are the cherry picked stats as you have taken them in isolation away from other significant information to pretend Dyche is the same level as lampard.

The squad is still very unbalanced and light with a disinterested board waiting to sell, but not having lampard here means we are in a better situation than last as he is comfortably the worst manager in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back