Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wanted Iwobi gone. You wanted Maupay gone. We brought in a few attacking players (although I am not convinced yet on them).

Given the constraints on cash we doing ok. It you ignore the constraints we are having a mare
I think you’re totally right we’ve done some ok dealings in their own right but we were one of the worst teams in the league and we’ve not really got any better so it’s not actually successful at all.

You want ANOTHER centre forward :eek:
well at the moment we have someone who hasn't played in the premier league yet and another who is injured.... so i would say yeah another forward option who can also play on the right. plus i was highlighting another loan move which has passed us by. unless we're bringing gray back into the fold our back up options are maupay

I guess the question becomes, why would an owner who is intending on selling the club, do anything other than the absolute bare minimum required to maybe keep the club in the league so that he can sell.

I think expecting that Iwobi money to be spent on a replacement is probably extremely naive.

Because players have values on balance sheets.

Think I've made sense of it. If he'd have come back here and we'd sold him, he'd have been due a loyalty bonus that was agreed when he signed his contract with us. That will have been next to nothing in the big scheme of things. The club he was on loan at have probably offered him a signing fee/loyalty bonus much greater than what he would have got here, hence he'd be well better off before he even starts negotiating the other contract on offer, if that makes sense lol

Take a peek at the interview :)

Crazy how slow we move and how unlucky we are at times. Thought gray was sorted but haven't heard nowt. Creamed my pants that we were getting 22mill for iwobi. Haven't heard nowt on that all day on talksport. Accepted cannon 7 million If it was added to iwobi fee to get a quality winger or ACM..haven't heard Jack about that since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back