Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
One in 10 player that doesn’t fit Dyche’s system so definitely sell for me, great to get £10m-15m

Exactly mate, i think hes topped out in terms of his potential ceiling, the lad contributes - especially when we have had our back up against the wall and been short. Could we improve output from his squad position - i think so. If we better balance the squad with another striker and one wide forward then i find it hard to see where he fits or could get an opportunity, bar as n impact sub.

I dont think Dyche likes the balance to his game, he likes his wide players who can support their full back, even though hes game i dont think this will ever be Demaris strength - if the lad himself gets stability - worth a 3 - 4 year contract somewhere like Fulham then we shake hands, thank him and wish him all the best.

Dave was correct in Jan that Dyche was the right man for the job. Everton needed to stay up and he was the best candidate to deliver, which he did. However, imo, Dyche is not going to take Everton forward. He will probably consolidate PL status next season with a bit of flirting with relegation but to put Everton where they should be (top 6/8) then Dyche is not the right man. The risk is if a new progressive manager comes in now would he keep Everton up or is another season of Dyche required to ensure safety? If there is any money for transfers I think now would be the time to get a progressive manager in that can start to shape things for the future.
We need to be happy with any progress next season. Anything above 15th will be a real result. Dyche, provided he can bolster the attack with two reasonable striking options, bring in a flexible left sided defender and maybe a little creativity in midfield, is capable of doing this. Then new stadium, new investment....who knows? Maybe top 8 in my lifetime

I only watch him in internationals really and he’s good enough. Didn’t realise he was 26 though!!

Wouldn’t spend money on him, but if they actually want onana and we had him as part of the deal, would that mean Lille get less from the sell on?

Aaron Martin - linked before but surely this is a no-brainer for the left-back problem?

On a free. Good age & goal/assist output. Speaks English. Just seen this farewell video from Mainz. He comes across really well & you can tell a lot from teammate & fan reaction when a player leaves. That Baines-like free-kick is not a bad thing either.

Aaron Martin - linked before but surely this is a no-brainer for the left-back problem?

On a free. Good age & goal/assist output. Speaks English. Just seen this farewell video from Mainz. He comes across really well & you can tell a lot from teammate & fan reaction when a player leaves. That Baines-like free-kick is not a bad thing either.

I don’t even need to watch the video, Baines like free kick was all I needed.

Get him in

The problem is it is likely a no-brainer for him to reject us.

Sell Gray for 12 million and spend it on Clarke

I have my issues with Clarke. A very right footed left midfielder from what I can see…cuts in on his right about 90% of the time in the 2 games and 1 highlights reel, so IMO would get found out at this level a bit like Anthony at Utd (but he’s obv left footed on the right).

I doubt Begovic leaving was a last minute decision so more backroom bungling. Points are going to be vital and if God forbid Pickford gets injured Lonergan or a kid between the sticks is a disaster waiting to happen. I always try my best to support any manager we appoint (well except for the obvious exception) but so many red flags are popping up concerning Dyche. Seems his end of season statement was nothing but hot air.
I don’t believe it was a last minute decision either. He’s had a contract offer, but he knows he can get the same (or more) and maybe play competitively.

I suspect the club have had an inkling for a while, with the slim hope he’d sign the deal. The big worry for me now is if Pickford decides to move on.

We’re balancing the book to allow signing to come in.

I don’t believe it was a last minute decision either. He’s had a contract offer, but he knows he can get the same (or more) and maybe play competitively.

I suspect the club have had an inkling for a while, with the slim hope he’d sign the deal. The big worry for me now is if Pickford decides to move on.

We’re balancing the book to allow signing to come in.
It's going to be an interesting window,but possibly not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back