Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember spurs getting giovanni dos santos for £4.9m when he was really highly rated. turned out to be a bad bit of business but i suppose barca don't really need the money. dela is obviously quite talented - he's not done anything largely significant in his career, but shouldn't be valued that low. as if barca need the money though.
Its barca they couldnt care less, if the latest big hope doesnt do it soon enough he gets binned off and the new batch come forth. Adama and the munir kid have over took him there now

i remember spurs getting giovanni dos santos for £4.9m when he was really highly rated. turned out to be a bad bit of business but i suppose barca don't really need the money. dela is obviously quite talented - he's not done anything largely significant in his career, but shouldn't be valued that low. as if barca need the money though.

If he was from our academy we'd be valuing him at about £50m. I wonder how much Barca would sell Ross for?

5ec5fcd916fbc144cc5995ef979c002c.png

Reactions: emb
I come off like I have a downer on him when I really don't...but he needs a direction. It's obviously up front but where, wing, inside forward, attacking midfield? He has options but he needs direction.

I'm a bit overly harsh on him because most everyone on here overrates what he did for us. I mean...he ended up on the bench towards the end of his loan for a reason. He had a lot of absolutely poor performances. Talent for sure though.

Thing is with the lid is that he's just dead exciting to watch. He's the type of player you want in royal blue. You need a couple of them to take arses off seats. If we do sign him then it's smart move by Martinez early on. We were absolute dump out wide last season. Suppose we will see.
Thing is with the lid is that he's just dead exciting to watch. He's the type of player you want in royal blue. You need a couple of them to take arses off seats. If we do sign him then it's smart move by Martinez early on. We were absolute dump out wide last season. Suppose we will see.

I've mentioned it before and I know it was a defeat but the Fulham game away in the league cup, the first 45 minutes he was superb, frightening -like an even fast version of Kanchelskis. I would take that all day every day for 8m+ let alone 3m.

I'm a bit overly harsh on him because most everyone on here overrates what he did for us. I mean...he ended up on the bench towards the end of his loan for a reason. He had a lot of absolutely poor performances. Talent for sure though.
He's the type who excites you though isn't he? When he gets the ball you immediately expect something to happen. Most of the time something pants, but every now and again something a bit special.

We looked so slow and pedestrian in attack this season and were crying out for someone like Deulofeu, someone who picks up the ball and drives forward looking to make something happen.

Lennon did that to some extent when he came in, but Deulofeu is a step up in the excitement stakes IMO.

I've mentioned it before and I know it was a defeat but the Fulham game away in the league cup, the first 45 minutes he was superb, frightening -like an even fast version of Kanchelskis. I would take that all day every day for 8m+ let alone 3m.

Still don't know how we lost that game. He was electric in that one, equally in the Goodison derby his finishing was awful but he was just shrugging Liverpool players off like they weren't there. Watching him and Ross in that game I honestly thought we were on the cusp of something special with those two.

Still don't know how we lost that game. He was electric in that one, equally in the Goodison derby his finishing was awful but he was just shrugging Liverpool players off like they weren't there. Watching him and Ross in that game I honestly thought we were on the cusp of something special with those two.

Agreed mate, good shout regarding the derby. Just something about him which I haven't seen for a long time. Greedy tit yes he is but he's a rough diamond and an absolute joy to watch. Newcastle away he was excellent, puts his head in for Ross goal, sets up Rom, passes for Lukaku to lay on Osman.

We missed him last season, too predictable and as fans I think we will give him a chance. Sure he will be greedy at times but I think he will learn to be a team player with us. Would be delighted to see him here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back