Sunderland Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDani

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hey Guys and Gals.

Am off to Sunderland on Sunday. Driving up. First time ive been, and am going with my folks and sister. Just wondered if anyone can advise on whats the best place to park at / get to the stadium.

Read on Football Ground Info that getting away from parking at the ground can be bad, and they suggest either the Park and Ride or the Park and Walk. Just wondered if anyone who has been in the past can advise which is best? Is it a ridiculusly long walk? Do the queues for the free busses take forever? etc

Cheers.

Hi guys, just thought id give you a bit of local advice. The best place to park is behind B&Q on Farringdon Row. As long as you get there 1 hour before kick off. Just follow the locals, you'll get no bother at all unless you were looking for it. If you do the last part of your journey on the A19, head towards Sunderland on the A1231. Go over the Queen Alexandra bridge, then take your first left. Just follow the road around until you come to the pub. Take the left at the pub and park on the bank next to the pub. If you can park on the brow of the hill you'll be right next to the route to the ground. It's about a 15 min walk, but you'll not get any parking tickets and your car will be safe.

Hope this helps but beware, dont park in the retail park, car park !!! Theres a lot of places you can get a ticket in Sunderland, so this is a good spot.

Heres a map for you.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/jmcmuk75/map.jpg

i've only been there once a few years back when the mackems match at home to sheffield united was a few days after we'd played the skunks. i found it most peculiar that with their team winning comfortably, large numbers started queueing down the staircases to leave from about midway through the second half. then when we got outside we found the short line of double-deckers for the park & ride matched by a line of punters waiting to board, but they were only filling 1 bus at a time so it was a slow process. we just walked back to the car.

Was tempted by this one but lack of finances dictate:(

Looks a cracking ground to be fair. Am i right in saying they have got planning permission to go to about 65k:o Dont think they need it cos there seems to be a lot of empty seats most games but if that happened it would be the rival of any other stadium in the prem

No problem at all lads. The roads around the ground are really bad, thats why you get people leaving from 75 mins on every week. Personally think it looks poor when people pile out early, but there is method behind the madness.
Hope you have a good day out, but go home empty handed on this occasion:)(We'll be lucky), but must say that I hope you finish above the red side of Merseyside. Always thought blues fans are good craic, but the reds are right up there own a***s, and Liverpool seem to get good press no matter what just like the skunks.
68.000 iirc, the east amd south stands can have a second level. I dont see it coming round in the near future, because we just couldn't fill it on a regular basis (maybe man u and the skunks). Our grounds nice, but I still miss Roker, which was designed by the same guy as Goodison iirc.
Thanks for the welcome aswell guys and if any of you do park where I've said, and I see any blues I'll say hello.(y)

Last edited:

I have 2 spare mini bus places for this game going from the oak tree pub in huyton at 10am? 1 spare ticket with it aswell, £23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back