Sunderland v Everton. Monday 22nd November @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
How many of you were already fuming then checked back later to see Sunderland tonking Chelsea to only fume more? There's only one team riding the crest of a wave here, and we got no surf board man.

Arsenal was [Poor language removed] for so many reasons but it's gone now, wait until we terrorise a draw out of them at their place, then they'll learn. We should have done much better, like giving them a game but instead it was how they merely cantered to the win that struck the loco chord in a quite a few of us.

So we've established that Sunderland are going to be up for this, they sit in sixth place going into this one. Last season saw an Everton team slowly turning the corner fall behind to quick breakaway goal by Bent before spanking them for the rest of the match, and watching Fellaini go mentalist after a late equaliser. Were turning no corners this year it seems, instead on a bit of a roundabout as our inconsistency and general all round shiteness up fronts continues to hamper us.

Steve Bruce, who looks like a cocktail of Cagney & Lacey, Prisoner Cell Block H and Harry Redknapp, has put together a decent team with the type of backing that we'd likely sell our second born for at Everton. Bent has been really good for them, what we really lack to be honest and they've just spunked a Somalian pirate ransom on that lad who looked only half alright for Ghana in the World Cup. Henderson is poised to make his debut for England (which is hardly a ringing endorsement these days) and can play a bit and Cattermole will kick the [Poor language removed] out of one of our players at some point and hopefully earn a red. Saha is crap against their balsa kneed centre half.

All [Poor language removed] puns aside, they're much preferable than their close North East neighbours as a whole, and have far less bell tendencies. They have also won more league titles, keep their tops on winter and always come across pretty; well the ones I've met anyway.

You wonder how Moyes is going to react to a disappointing Arsenal game. I can't see the defence changing to be honest but the midfield and up front in particular do need a shake up. Coleman can stay though, he's alright. I'm not quite sure why Yakubu was dropped for Saha last week as the former really is the only striker we have on the books who can make 4-5-1 work. So hopefully he'll start either with Cahill tucked behind or alongside Saha/Beckford, before obviously reverting to our new 4-3-3 formation when Sunderland sweep their second goal in. One person who does need to stand up is Senor Arteta, he's that crucial to most things that we do good and so lacking lately. I'm nearly out of scapegoats here, Howard near post etc.

We're in the familiar surroundings of wanting to kickstart our season in November, and just 4 wins in 15 games played this season tells its own tale. We've established that a throaty Phil Neville rallying cry doesn't really make much difference in the build up to a game but eleven players who are better than most teams in this league can make the difference.

Were bored of great possession and hard luck stories, sort it out Everton.

Last edited:
How many of you were already fuming then checked back later to see Sunderland tonking Chelsea to only fume more? There's only one team riding the crest of a wave here, and we got no surf board man.

Arsenal was [Poor language removed] for so many reasons but it's gone now, wait until we terrorise a draw out of them at their place, then they'll learn. We should have done much better, like giving them a game but instead it was how they merely cantered to the win that struck the loco chord in a quite a few of us.

So we've established that Sunderland are going to be up for this, they sit in sixth place going into this one. Last season saw an Everton team slowly turning the corner fall behind to quick breakaway goal by Bent before spanking them for the rest of the match, and watching Fellaini go mentalist after a late equaliser. Were turning no corners this year it seems, instead on a bit of a roundabout as our inconsistency and general all round shiteness up fronts continues to hamper us.

Steve Bruce, who looks like a cocktail of Cagney & Lacey, Prisoner Cell Block H and Harry Redknapp...

Once again a great preview touching on the funny bone with some footy mixed in. My fav for quote of the week is the cocktail quote. That one shall provide giggle aftershocks into the evening.

I want to see Beckford start with a midfield on the same frequency, faster tempo. I would start Rodwell as well (if he's physically ready). His sort don't need much match time to regain form. Baptism by fire and all that.

Off to drink beer!

Steve Bruce, who looks like a cocktail of Cagney & Lacey, Prisoner Cell Block H and Harry Redknapp, has put together a decent team with the type of backing that we'd likely sell our second born for at Everton. Bent has been really good for them, what we really lack to be honest and they've just spunked a Somalian pirate ransom on that lad who looked only half alright for Ghana in the World Cup. Henderson is poised to make his debut for England (which is hardly a ringing endorsement these days) and can play a bit and Cattermole will kick the [Poor language removed] out of one of our players at some point and hopefully earn a red. Saha is crap against their balsa kneed centre half.

All [Poor language removed] puns aside, they're much preferable than their close North East neighbours as a whole, and have far less bell tendencies. They have also won more league titles, keep their tops on winter and always come across pretty; well the ones I've met anyway.

You wonder how Moyes is going to react to a disappointing Arsenal game. I can't see the defence changing to be honest but the midfield and up front in particular do need a shake up. Coleman can stay though, he's alright. I'm not quite sure why Yakubu was dropped for Saha last week as the former really is the only striker we have on the books who can make 4-5-1 work. So hopefully he'll start either with Cahill tucked behind or alongside Saha/Beckford, before obviously reverting to our new 4-3-3 formation when Sunderland sweep their second goal in. One person who does need to stand up is Senor Arteta, he's that crucial to most things that we do good and so lacking lately. I'm nearly out of scapegoats here, Howard near post etc.

We're in the familiar surroundings of wanting to kickstart our season in November, and just 4 wins in 15 games played this season tells its own tale. We've established that a throaty Phil Neville rallying cry doesn't really make much difference in the build up to a game but eleven players who are better than most teams in this league can make the difference.

Were bored of great possession and hard luck stories, sort it out Everton.
Nice on the eye chico and well put,we will need to show pace and desire to match them but we could win this.

If we start 442, then I say we win 2-1

If we start 451, then I say draw 1-1

I agree with this, if we go for it and play two strikers I think we can get something out of this one. Beckford and Yakubu have to be given a chance to see if they can combine, on paper they have all the attributes to make a great partnership Beckford is quick and pacey and knows where the goal is. The Yak is strong, can hold up the play and also knows where the goal is. Even pushing Cahill up top in a 4-4-2 is an idea he's played the position before and has done well up top.

I hope we can finally get a run going, it's like Groundhog's day being an Evertonian.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back