Swansea City Vs. Everton - CO Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 23rd Sept - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have missed something on Hibbert, Martinez confirmed last week he will start tonight, is he injured again?

It's unrealistic to expect any top class footballer to be 100% after playing 90 minutes two days before, so I fully expect a whole host of changes for this one. I'm usually pretty good with my lineup predictions so this one has the potential to be spectacularly wrong, think I'll hold off before somebody confirms to me that Hibbert is injured.

I get the point of resting players. But not a lot of gain if we only get to rest them for one match and still in September.
So it is down to the lads on the pitch to win the flippin' game, to ensure they get another!

Howard
Stones Jagielka Distin Oviedo
Atsu Besic Gibson Mirallas
Osman
Eto'o

Thats what i'd go for, Howard needs to get his confidence back ahead of the derby, hopefully our two full backs will be available come saturday and I don't see why Stones would struggle to play 3 games in a week, or why another game finding his feet and form wouldn't benefit Jags. People are on about us trying things, lets try and see can Jags and Distin get back to resembling a decent centre half partnership like we know they can be.

Give the two lads in the middle a chance, still amazed Barry has played every minute. Most likely wishful thinking regarding Mirallas starting, if he had played against Palace I would have left him out, he should have started that match, i'd have him in here, a decent display and he could be going into the derby firing and ready to be a match winner,if anyone can, Kev can. He won't start anyway.

Play Osman, if he plays tonight it surely means he won't come saturday, thank fk. I dont agree with we lose if he plays, these type of games are the ones he might produce something in.

Go on Sammy, get off the mark and help us get in the next round.

Really want us to be still in the 3 cup comps after tonights game, a decent draw and your nearly in the quarter final, don't think this should be seen as a 'write off' match, we could do with a confidence boost in performance and result ahead of the visit to that hole on saturday.

Very interested to see how Swansea approach it.

Im genuinely not bothered about this you know, because we all know exactly how tonight is going to pan out.

- Everton dominate the early possession and chances.
- Swansea dont threaten too much apart from a few counter attacks.
- Everton player hashes clearance which leads directly to a Swansea goal.
- Everton get annihilated on the counter attack whilst pushing for an equaliser.

Just get a load of subs/reserves on. Hopefully Swansea will do the same and we can nick something. Only take this competition seriously after the first couple of rounds..
That's the approach that gets us knocked out in an early round every year.

We should be going for the win here - it's the easiest trophy to win in this country. Some players need to be rested ahead of the Derby, but we learned from the Leeds game in 2011, the correct way to rest a key player is to start him, get a decent lead and then sub him off - NOT start a load of reserves, fall behind and then bring the key man on!

With that in mind, we should be doing this:

Howard

Hibbert - Stones - Distin - Baines (c)

Gibson - Besic

Atsu - Naismith - McGeady

Lukaku
The bench: Robles, Browning, Oviedo, Barry, Osman, Mirallas, Eto'o

Win the game inside 65 minutes. Then bring Baines, Naismith and Lukaku off.

We should be going for the win here - it's the easiest trophy to win in this country. Some players need to be rested ahead of the Derby, but we learned from the Leeds game in 2011, the correct way to rest a key player is to start him, get a decent lead and then sub him off - NOT start a load of reserves, fall behind and then bring the key man on!
I've ALWAYS said this! Start strong, then get them off, on Sunday we could've had Naismith and Mirallas on, got 2 or 3 then had them resting, instead they came on and had to try and win the game

With that in mind, we should be doing this:

Howard

Hibbert - Stones - Distin - Baines (c)

Gibson - Besic

Atsu - Naismith - McGeady

Lukaku
The bench: Robles, Browning, Oviedo, Barry, Osman, Mirallas, Eto'o

Win the game inside 65 minutes. Then bring Baines, Naismith and Lukaku off.
I'd normally agree but with European football I think it needs to be bottom priority. If the second team can get through the first two rounds, then there's the opportunity to take it as a serious trophy chance.

Dont know whether its good or not, but got a shift at work tonight, so im not able to get updates. Hopefully when i check my phone when i get out we're comfortable or won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back