Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Devil’s advocate, is this really what we need? In a FFP world, spending is restricted by revenue and a limited cap on losses. Having a nutty billionaire that loves the game isn’t really the answer. Do we not need some revenue steroids? Do we not need to move away from luvvies that ‘love the game’ but are massively lacking in commercial performance?
Maciek Kaminski is worth about $1 Billion and John Thornton around $25 million.

There is no nutty billionaire involved. Moshiri is worth more than both of them put together.

I'm going to stay relaxed about this. There'll be a lot of interest in Everton and we're probably in the foothills of the ascent to buying the club.

Let the climbing teams assemble.

Have to agree with you here Dave.

There’s probably a more effective way of saying it, but I just can’t see this as anything other than Moshiri asking for any of the interested parties of showing their hand.

The potential for Everton is huge, if ran correctly. It’s a big “if”, but it’s there.

Love the sentiment, but if Moshiri wants to sell, Kenwright will have no say (unless he wants it back himself).

Moshiri can sell it to the biggest paupers going, for a quick sale, whether they’re the most efficient would only be seen down the line.

Moshiri is a business man, sadly. He won’t care about Everton once he’s washed his hands of us.
It's safe in BK's guidance, we just dont want buyers like the Venkies etc .....

Of course. But like I said...one is a carefree hobbiest billionaire...the other is a business and profit first billionaire.

Can't really find an example of a successful American owner that hasn't ruined a club in some form. FSG over at the RS but even then are heavily reliant on Klopp. If they had anyone less of a success than he is...they'd be closing the bank accounts down
Why not go further. Name successful owners?

Doesn't matter where they're from. There's not many of them.

It's safe in BK's guidance, we just dont want buyers like the Venkies etc .....

I’d love to believe it, mate.

But, I’m a sceptic. We’re in a right mess, and that’s mostly due to the fact we’ve been ran like a circus since he sold up.

He got that wrong, I just don’t want, as you said, another Venkies.

There is no nutty billionaire involved. Moshiri is worth more than both of them put together.

My point was to question the value of a nutty billionaire in a FFP world. Moshiri is a very nutty billionaire, and he’s very nearly ruined us, mainly because his ability to spend was curtailed by FFP.

Maybe Everton need revenue boosters, rather than nutty billionaires?

I thought the consortium of buyers is a team of 4 buyers - Newcastle turned them down so it maybe a swerve - plus to invest just 1 billion to start over is a big ask for any potential buy out .....

Have to agree with you here Dave.

There’s probably a more effective way of saying it, but I just can’t see this as anything other than Moshiri asking for any of the interested parties of showing their hand.

The potential for Everton is huge, if ran correctly. It’s a big “if”, but it’s there.

If this particular bid was going to happen I think it stays under wraps.

I'm sceptical of the overnight news, tbh. I'm not impressed by the Telegraph 'scoops'. As soon as I saw the source yesterday I thought it was, essentially, BS.

The season is ended and hacks are casting about to fulfil their workload with stories.

We really all ought to be focussed on on-field matters - as difficult as that is now - because this will drag on and on.

If this particular bid was going to happen I think it stays under wraps.

I'm sceptical of the overnight news, tbh. I'm not impressed by the Telegraph 'scoops'. As soon as I saw the source yesterday I thought it was, essentially, BS.

The season is ended and hacks are casting about to fulfil their workload with stories.

We really all ought to be focussed on on-field matters - as difficult as that is now - because this will drag on and on.

Oh I think our financial situation probably goes in our favour here for a change.

Hamstrung by restrictions, I think the fact we’re not due on a spree, means we should be able to go about our business as normal, once we’ve raised the funds.

Rarely do club transactions Happy quickly, so again, can’t disagree. Think you don’t get smoke without fire, somethings happening, but can’t see it being the leaked consortium being the “preferred” bidders.

I’d love to believe it, mate.

But, I’m a sceptic. We’re in a right mess, and that’s mostly due to the fact we’ve been ran like a circus since he sold up.

He got that wrong, I just don’t want, as you said, another Venkies.
He didnt get it wrong, his replacement got it wrong, was the right thing for him to not sell to Moshiri? maybe in hindsight but at the time it seemed like the right move, now it vital Moshiri moves on

The Esk has gone all in for our potential asset stripper's
What assets do we have to strip? An how do they leverage the buy out when we can’t even get loans to build a stadium.

Richy and DCL are our only assets an 1 of them is leaving this summer. Then you add in that our wages are something like 90 odd % of our income leaving nothing to take out the club.

Sell players… we been trying that for the past 3 years with no success.

No like they can take loans out on a stadium that’s not finished

Status
Not open for further replies.