Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

I heard on the grapevine the Shakin Stevens and Stephen Tin Tin Duffy were in advanced talks with Mosh and Bill. Could be a goer.

Or not.

It takes marketing skill to sell the obvious Everton narrative in Merica, and more afar. This crops up every year or so, and every year or so, it gets painfully missed. By Kenwright, Moshiri, and whoever will rock up next.

Simply put, as just one example, once upon a time, Tim Howard was the #1 Merican sports star. For a short time. What did we did we do to maximise that? Nada. We did better with James, tbf, but its so frustrating.
The James campaign was still a little bizarre and cringe, but at least they tried. Howard was the reason I started following Everton, and nothing Everton did was the reason.

The James campaign was still a little bizarre and cringe, but at least they tried. Howard was the reason I started following Everton, and nothing Everton did was the reason.

I'd actually agree with that. They did try with James, but you can just see a distinct like of ability in the management.

Of all the American players I'd like to see involved, I'd love to see Landon Donovan back in a role.

I'd actually agree with that. They did try with James, but you can just see a distinct like of ability in the management.

Of all the American players I'd like to see involved, I'd love to see Landon Donovan back in a role.
Always puzzled me that he didn’t sign permanently- definitely up to the standard and genuinely seemed to develop an ‘affinity’ with the club. Though I suppose we don’t know his personal situation (family life etc). I agree though, I’d love to see him involved.

Always puzzled me that he didn’t sign permanently- definitely up to the standard and genuinely seemed to develop an ‘affinity’ with the club. Though I suppose we don’t know his personal situation (family life etc). I agree though, I’d love to see him involved.
Agree. I think he’d do a great job and in interviews has mentioned playing for Everton being the pinnacle of his career.
Landon has been quite honest about struggling with depression. I wonder if that influenced his decision to go back to LA—closer to friends, family, his support network

Status
Not open for further replies.