tantrums and best eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
with VDM getting stroppy and the well documented problem with english football - namely left footed players, if he (vdm) swans off to italy, do you reckon ossie has it in him to make the left midfield spot his own or will we be looking to recruit someone?

Howard isnt a dead cert yet for a permanent deal in the summer, but with foster and kuszczak on the books behind van der saar at man ure the omens look good.

(howard is joint top goalkeeper in the fantasy football game)

Will the summer spending be related to uefa or intertoto qualification?

is this carsleys final year at goodison? is it stubbs's?

naysmith
mcfadden
wright
pistone
beattie

i reckon them 5 have their days numbered, pistone and wright have contracts finishing in the summer, and i cant see renewals happening. nace and fads are both tied to the club for at least another two years so maybe we could mug celtic into buying them, and if rumours are to be believed, beattie is london bound with spurs.

if carsley is let go, will silva step up into the midfield enforcer role?

i reckon benfica made fernandes sign because they were expecting pompey to actually buy him this season, and as that had fallen through he would have ran a further year of his contract down, hence the possibility of him digging his feet in and seeing it out then moving for free.

Valente isnt getting any younger and has been quite injury prone this season.

really the only squad members i can see us being absolutley certain of keeping hold of (or at least trying) are

arteta
cahill
lescott
yobo
neville
hibbert
johnson
anichebe
vaughan

silva, fernandes, osman, carsley, valente, howard, all have doubts hanging over them.

Its never boring being an everton supporter, but its never easy either.

just realised, the made to measure left sided player is

morten gamst pedersen

will take a kings ransom to prize him away from blackburn, but im sure it is possible.

Good analysis mate.

Cant see Leon leaving though.

Fernandes hopefully will sign a permy and if De Silva impresses, he could get a longer deal, on the bench is a start for him.

Hopefully a European qualification place will be ours although im not counting my chickens just yet :(

with VDM getting stroppy and the well documented problem with english football - namely left footed players, if he (vdm) swans off to italy, do you reckon ossie has it in him to make the left midfield spot his own or will we be looking to recruit someone?

Howard isnt a dead cert yet for a permanent deal in the summer, but with foster and kuszczak on the books behind van der saar at man ure the omens look good.

(howard is joint top goalkeeper in the fantasy football game)

Will the summer spending be related to uefa or intertoto qualification?

is this carsleys final year at goodison? is it stubbs's?

naysmith
mcfadden
wright
pistone
beattie

i reckon them 5 have their days numbered, pistone and wright have contracts finishing in the summer, and i cant see renewals happening. nace and fads are both tied to the club for at least another two years so maybe we could mug celtic into buying them, and if rumours are to be believed, beattie is london bound with spurs.

if carsley is let go, will silva step up into the midfield enforcer role?

i reckon benfica made fernandes sign because they were expecting pompey to actually buy him this season, and as that had fallen through he would have ran a further year of his contract down, hence the possibility of him digging his feet in and seeing it out then moving for free.

Valente isnt getting any younger and has been quite injury prone this season.

really the only squad members i can see us being absolutley certain of keeping hold of (or at least trying) are

arteta
cahill
lescott
yobo
neville
hibbert
johnson
anichebe
vaughan

silva, fernandes, osman, carsley, valente, howard, all have doubts hanging over them.

Its never boring being an everton supporter, but its never easy either.
Of the doubts, I see Carsley, Stubbs, & Howard staying. I think Fernandes will be too expensive. Who knows with DaSilva.

We don't have problems with our left hand side, as Mikel Arteta plays there week in week out.

Our main problem is the right of midfield, Osman is not good enough and we have sold Simon Davies, whilst we have Andy Van der meyde looking set to leave.

As he went off on saturday we had to push Cahill onto the right wing.

i also think it is unfair to expect mikel to play left wing, ok i am aware than he can change over to try and pull markers/defenders around, but a solid left footer would be ideal.

Duff went for 5 mill
Barry is ok, although getting him from villa now would be like finding brains in a beckham
pedersen we have already mentioned
robben is always on the bench at chelsea and is way above our price bracket
the cook kid from QPR has been impressing
downing is staying at boro unless spurs get realistic

tough conundrum to solve this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back