Team of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team:
Except the final -95 been watching games since the 04/05 season.

Martyn
Neville Stubbs Lescott Baines
Fellaini Arteta
Rooney Cahill Limpar
Jelavic

Would be an ace team if it were the players in their young days...

every everton side ive seen dating back to 69 ,howard kendall would be the 1st name on the team sheet ,truly wonderful footballer who kept everton up on his own in the early 70s after the breakup of the 69 leauge winning team, howard was pure pure class ,peter reid was a great footballer but he wasnt a patch on howard

I would have picked some of them, but I was only born in 79 :p Ball and Kendall both would have been on the list.

jackie-chan-wtf.png

haha, some baffling ones by NIK not even arsed if i like him.

I told you bitchez some decisions were based on talent/ I loved them anyway.

As a kid it was alan ball, joe royle and Johnny Morrissey who stood out. Can't remember when Howard left (was it '72 or '74), but Ball had already gone, which weakened the midfield,so Kendall would stand out more, but keeping us up on his own is a bit extreme. The biggest problem is that the 1970 and mid eighties midfield worked so well together, it's difficult to separate them, but in the interests of balance, I thought both should be represented.

As a kid it was alan ball, joe royle and Johnny Morrissey who stood out. Can't remember when Howard left (was it '72 or '74), but Ball had already gone, which weakened the midfield,so Kendall would stand out more, but keeping us up on his own is a bit extreme. The biggest problem is that the 1970 and mid eighties midfield worked so well together, it's difficult to separate them, but in the interests of balance, I thought both should be represented.
howard left in 74 came back in 81 played a few games and still stood out like a sore thumb , regards 72, 73 i watched him play teams single handedly ,think big nev said he has never seen any one with as good a 1st touch has howard ,and he was an old man then , every game i saw howard play he stood out , and i watched him a hell of a lot , wished we had him now

Martyn
Hibbert - Stubbs - Distin - Baines
Carsley - Gibson
Pienaar - Cahill - Arteta
Jelavic

Subs: Howard, Weir, Lescott, Ferguson, Fellaini, Rooney, Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back