Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly. Dojokic looks as fit as ever. I can see him playing at the level for at leat another 3 or 4 years, maybe even longer. An absolute physical beast perfectly suited to the modern game, the likes of which we may never see matched.

If and when he faces off against Nadal at the French I think he'll destroy him, same as he did in the Aussie

Quite possibly. Dojokic looks as fit as ever. I can see him playing at the level for at leat another 3 or 4 years, maybe even longer. An absolute physical beast perfectly suited to the modern game, the likes of which we may never see matched.

If and when he faces off against Nadal at the French I think he'll destroy him, same as he did in the Aussie

Four more years would put him at 38. Federer could still play at that level because he was all about the shots, Djokovic is more reliant on his athleticism, I don’t see his body being able to hold up that long. Same with Nadal.

I think Thiem is a better clay court player than Novak so that leaves the 3 other slams for him to attack.

What do I know though I thought Federer was done at 17.

Four more years would put him at 38. Federer could still play at that level because he was all about the shots, Djokovic is more reliant on his athleticism, I don’t see his body being able to hold up that long. Same with Nadal.

I think Thiem is a better clay court player than Novak so that leaves the 3 other slams for him to attack.

What do I know though I thought Federer was done at 17.

I would say that is true, but I think his body is more athletic than just about anyone else we've ever seen pick up a racket and therefore more efficient at coping with the demands made on it. Look at Nadal who has a visibly lopsided body (arms!) compared to Novak who looks like his body was sculpted without an single flaw to be perfectly efficient at playing baseline tennis. He moves as well today at 33 as he did when he was 25, which is not something you can still say for Federer or Nadal who have had to change their games as they have got older.

He also pays more attention to his diet than most others, something he has been doing for a long time now. It will certainly help prolong his career, same as it has done for other top athletes like Lewis Hamilton.

I would say that is true, but I think his body is more athletic than just about anyone else we've ever seen pick up a racket and therefore more efficient at coping with the demands made on it. Look at Nadal who has a visibly lopsided body (arms!) compared to Novak who looks like his body was sculpted without an single flaw to be perfectly efficient at playing baseline tennis. He moves as well today at 33 as he did when he was 25, which is not something you can still say for Federer or Nadal who have had to change their games as they have got older.

He also pays more attention to his diet than most others, something he has been doing for a long time now. It will certainly help prolong his career, same as it has done for other top athletes like Lewis Hamilton.
He’s a roid riddled scumbag

Not seen Novak celebrate winning a quarter final like that before.

He knew he’d been in a game there like.

Not seen Novak celebrate winning a quarter final like that before.

He knew he’d been in a game there like.
after what happened to him at USO against the very same opponent, I knew he would be like this, disgusting character really, puts me off

after what happened to him at USO against the very same opponent, I knew he would be like this, disgusting character really, puts me off
He was mentioning growing up in war torn country in post match interview as well. Again a bit odd.
I do like how he tries to speak French though. Proper my level of French, a scraped GCSE.

He was dodgy as hell when he started out playing, no doubt needed the money, and he’s now one of the all time greats.

Can’t see him doing Nadal if he’s on form, although Rafael played so late last night I bet he’s still not warmed up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back