The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will.

If you look at what they got through the statute book from their last manifesto, then, without a shadow of a doubt, they'll go into coalition again.

Clegg's a pragmatist, the ultimate Cheese on Toast option. Regardless of your political viewpoint, you have to admire the way they played the game in the last parliament, they'll do it again if they think they can influence the way the country's run.

Indeed, and I would prefer a coalition where extremist views from either side are subdued.........

If there's only 10 of them though, how much sway will he actually have?

Now, if there's 30 of them, they might have some bargaining power

I can't believe they've gone down to 10 and the Labour vote hasn't gone up.

Lib Dems defecting to the Tories? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Tsk, in a moment of clarity I voted Labour in a hope that they'd get a enough seats to form a coalition with LD and avoid having to do any sort of deal with the jocks. What a disappointment.

If that Exit Poll is right, which means the Tory "Scotland vs. England" card has worked, then Scotland has literally just giftwrapped the keys to Number 10 to the Conservatives.

The SNP may be secretly devastated by Labour's collapse here. The Labour voters will flood back in 2020 after seeing the horror of what they've done.

Scotland will be gone by then.........

Gotta admit it is pretty funny, until you think about what it means that is.

Still, everyone like:

shocked_undertaker_guy.0.jpg

I think that it's becoming clear that online polling (as popularized by YouGov) has very big problems when it comes to reading the mood of the electorate. Easy for people to protest their quibbles on an online poll, but doesn't mean that they think the opposition is not a total shambles.

I'm not ultimately bothered about people voting Tory if they're honest about it.

You can vote for whoever you want. If we disagree, we disagree

It's the possibility of people acting in public like they're anti-Tory (Because let's face it The Tories are horrible) but then doing something else in the polling booth that's winding me up

If you're going to support The Tories, at least have the minerals to be honest about it. That's all

Indeed, and I would prefer a coalition where extremist views from either side are subdued.........

Agreed here.

Recall back to 2008 collapse of the banks and to 2010.

That and potential damage to the economy and people's jobs being damaged has people worried.

No one wants a return to 2008.

I don't know how the Tories have done this other than people actually lying about their political stance

I think I know one person, ONE, who is openly pro Tory. Still though, they could possibly have nailed 300 seats

People simply have to be saying one thing in public but then doing something else in private
I think it's actually a case of a lot of people saying absolutely nothing in public then voting Tory in private. Not everyone likes to say who they're going to vote for, irrespective of their chosen party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back