THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the two best teams first up was always going to be hard and two defeats isn’t entirely unexpected but the manner of the defeats is really poor. Seems like the manager has set us up poorly both times and we’ve paid the price.

I know “back to basics” is easier said than done when we’ve had so many personnel changes but I think that’s what has to happen in the next two very winnable games.
The Girls are been told to do what i personally hate and that is play out from the back, i just hate that full stop from any team, we are under hitting passes, messing up easy passes and so on, i just want to see if Maier been fit [Hopefully] the next game at right back changes the tactics Kirk has used or he he to stubborn to carry on using the 3 at the back which has never worked for Everton, never mind last week and then trying it again this week with players out of position- i dont know if i even want to see him use the 3 at the back to see if it works the next few games or did he only try it due to playing the 2 teams we did

No doubt more than a few teams will get a 4-0 hiding from City and Chelsea.
But The Coach got it wrong...Twice.
After both games a post match comment, the 1st by the Coach and the 2nd by a senoir player, mentioned 'being braver, lack of bravery' or words to that effect.
But If you start off on the 1st day of the season, at home, with a big crowd, with 5 across the back, not only are you potentially leaving yourself short in MF / Up Front - its Moyes-esque, knife to a gun fight, surrender monkey stuff.
Thats down to The Coach...Not good.

Then you have The Women's Football Director...or is that Director of Womens Football...or just plain...A Director with responsablities for the Women's Team???
Who is by the way also Usmanov's Nephew
Whatever, anyway, Him: Tweeted one word Unacceptable - But later pulled it
Mr Manger...best shape up sharpish, or maybe start polishing that CV...just in case,

The Girls are been told to do what i personally hate and that is play out from the back, i just hate that full stop from any team, we are under hitting passes, messing up easy passes and so on, i just want to see if Maier been fit [Hopefully] the next game at right back changes the tactics Kirk has used or he he to stubborn to carry on using the 3 at the back which has never worked for Everton, never mind last week and then trying it again this week with players out of position- i dont know if i even want to see him use the 3 at the back to see if it works the next few games or did he only try it due to playing the 2 teams we did
I didn't see the game, but read that he played Bennison as a RWB?!

I didn't see the game, but read that he played Bennison as a RWB?!
Yep, he moved her a little bit to the middle the 2nd half-she is off course is not a RWB, but he does not seem to have a clue what he is doing or were to put the players and is basically putting them anywhere just to get them in the team at the minute, Dali last week was pretty good v City in person i thought, but he was shouting at her to get on the City players shoulder which she didnt, which for some reason makes me think that's why she didnt come back out the 2nd half, yet she only came on the final 10mins yesterday, but Kirk rarely stick's to the same team and very oddly when he did it last season it was when we had lost the previous games, when we won a game he sometimes had 5 changes the next game - which made no sense - he will find it harder now with players that will all think they should be in the 11

Yep, he moved her a little bit to the middle the 2nd half-she is off course is not a RWB, but he does not seem to have a clue what he is doing or were to put the players and is basically putting them anywhere just to get them in the team at the minute, Dali last week was pretty good v City in person i thought, but he was shouting at her to get on the City players shoulder which she didnt, which for some reason makes me think that's why she didnt come back out the 2nd half, yet she only came on the final 10mins yesterday, but Kirk rarely stick's to the same team and very oddly when he did it last season it was when we had lost the previous games, when we won a game he sometimes had 5 changes the next game - which made no sense - he will find it harder now with players that will all think they should be in the 11

As soon as Dali came on yesterday we had a player not afraid of keeping hold of the ball.

The defence for me looks the biggest concern.

Where is the Leeeverpewl women's team? I thought they had been relegated? My red mate claims the RS withdrew funding and they subsequently collapsed.

Hi, can I ask a question for those going to both games on Saturday, what’s the best place to park? Is WHP walkable from the free parking spaces on Utting Avenue? Or is Goodison walkable from the small car park by the WHP pitch?

Courtney Brosnan had a bit of a howler for Australia's first goal against the Rep. of Ireland last night, as the ball spun off her hands into the goal. She was unlucky for the second goal, as she was already diving and a deflection took the ball over her. A good 3-2 win for Ireland. Australia had Sam Kerr playing, but Hayley Raso was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.