The Barkley/Naismith conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a conundrum?

Even despite the goals Naismith is scoring, he's not contributing much else, and his goals whilst ace are not winning us games. We need a bit more balance and more options in the final third, Barkley will make this happen. The goals won't dry up either, it'll be Lukaku slotting them instead.

Can't we use the man city or altheico madrid teams 442s as a way of accomdating both, Barkley in the yaya toure mould (lets face it,Barkley in his prime will look a bit like toures) and naismith as striker and runner

This is a conundrum?

Even despite the goals Naismith is scoring, he's not contributing much else, and his goals whilst ace are not winning us games. We need a bit more balance and more options in the final third, Barkley will make this happen. The goals won't dry up either, it'll be Lukaku slotting them instead.

It's no conundrum if you were to ask somebody who's better out of the two, it's obviously Barkley. But this doesn't mean that Naismith should lose his place, they can both be accommodated. Tbh at the moment it'd be more of a Naismith or Lukaku conundrum if we were to keep the same style.

It's no conundrum if you were to ask somebody who's better out of the two, it's obviously Barkley. But this doesn't mean that Naismith should lose his place, they can both be accommodated. Tbh at the moment it'd be more of a Naismith or Lukaku conundrum if we were to keep the same style.

Not for me like. Lukaku will get more service and a better link up man playing with Barkley, and ultimately he's the better footballer. You could shove Naistmith out wide but it's been proven he's not at his best out there.

Sure, it's a hard line to take, but Naismith looks to me like a team player, it's a long season and he will get plenty of games. Lukaku will probably break his leg for Belgium anyway.

Not for me like. Lukaku will get more service and a better link up man playing with Barkley, and ultimately he's the better footballer. You could shove Naistmith out wide but it's been proven he's not at his best out there.

Sure, it's a hard line to take, but Naismith looks to me like a team player, it's a long season and he will get plenty of games. Lukaku will probably break his leg for Belgium anyway.

I think we can get all three in the team, Naismith's thriving on Lukaku taking defenders attention away from him and it'll work similar with Lukaku and Barkley, but I reckon if we played the diamond in the middle we could accommodate all three.

I think we can get all three in the team, Naismith's thriving on Lukaku taking defenders attention away from him and it'll work similar with Lukaku and Barkley, but I reckon if we played the diamond in the middle we could accommodate all three.

We may have to with Mirallas out, could work. As long as Osman isn't in the diamond I'm happy! lol

Like league position matters after 7 games. Don't care really top and bottom of it is that we can get them both into the same team which is what I said.
Think you need to read it back
You basically said Barkley should come in if Martinez changes the style of play but he shouldnt come in if Martinez keeps the same shape and I prusume the same players that have won one game
Barkley's worth has gone up even more by being out the side
We can't afford to keep our best player on the bench who ever he replaces is not my problem but the mangers
And if that means Barkley comes in for Naismith, then that's how it is

Naismith ahead of Barkley ?? Hahaha

Are people really questioning this. A fully fit Barkley gets overlooked by Naismith? Yeah ok

The diamond gets my vote, it also solves our problem of not having any decent wide players with Mirallas injured.

Howard
Coleman Jagielka ?????? Baines
Barry
McCarthy Besic
Barkley
Naismith Lukaku​

Naismith ahead of Barkley ?? Hahaha

Are people really questioning this. A fully fit Barkley gets overlooked by Naismith? Yeah ok

NO.

One has broken through and had his first full season and the other has been playing for years. Barkley will be a great player, hopefully a worldie too but today the gulf of quality of talent and intelligence is not that big as you would think you dafty duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back