The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting comments from Lampard last evening. I'm paraphrasing but it was along the lines of we may have to be creative and do things differently in the summer.
I take that to mean sacrificing a couple of our few assets to rebuild.
I'm.sure that 2 of Richy ,Pickford and DCL will go.

I'm sure we will look to move on.Allan , Mina and Gomrs as well if possible.

We also have a bunch of high earners out of contract so that should give us the financial headroom to bring in 5 players that could transform this team.

This summer
Sigurdsson
Delph
Kenny
Lonregan
Tosun

Next summer
Mina
Richarlison
Coleman
Alan
Nkounkou
Davies
Begovic
Towsend
Broadhead

I think we may end up extending Kenny and Delph for a season, I’m not saying that’s a great idea, I just feel it will happen.

We may also look to sell Alan, Mina and Richarlison this summer as it’s our last chance to get any money for them before they leave in free’s the following year. Ideally I would like us to extend Richarlison’s contract but I don’t think he would sign, he’s in a great position now to go to a top 4 team either here or abroad.
Bin these guys now, they're NEVER gonna play or just not up to it anymore.

Nkounkou
Davies * (maybe deserves a season to see if he can do a Delph role)
Begovic
Towsend
Broadhead
Gomes
Delph

Tempting to do a bigger clean sweep, but Frank struggled to gel new signings at Chelsea and we're fooked on FFP.
  1. So yeah, start with the obvious dead wood, above
  2. Use youth players in the same vein as Gordon (we have got talent that's not had a lookin cos every game has been "must win")
  3. Get our finances in order.
  4. Accept where we are... We'll likely be bottom half next season given the development of other clubs (maybe Leicester and Wolves can be caught)...
  5. Rico's goals are important. Yes he's worth 50-60m, but who we gonna replace him with? What would have relegation cost us without him?

Last edited:
Presuming Frank will be ' The Man '...... Wholesale changes MUST be made but Wow Big Big Job, where the hell does he start ?

UTFT !!!!
Andre Gomes. The lad clearly showed he didn’t have the quality nor fight to get us going in the first half. Get gone.

We shouldn't need Kenny surely,Patterson hopefully starting right back Coleman as back and iwobi has shown can be wing back,be interesting to see how nkonkou is in pre season

Maybe the club could communicate with us, let us know what their vision is for the next 5 years. Give us something that allows us to understand
Honestly I think this tiny thing would make a massive difference. Stop making stupid grandiose statements about winning stuff and just give an honest assessment of where we are and how we intend to get to where we want to be. We have a manager that people will get behind - something I've been saying should have been a key consideration for years - now let us buy into the process by telling us what it is.

Honestly I think this tiny thing would make a massive difference. Stop making stupid grandiose statements about winning stuff and just give an honest assessment of where we are and how we intend to get to where we want to be. We have a manager that people will get behind - something I've been saying should have been a key consideration for years - now let us buy into the process by telling us what it is.
I feel this fan appointment to the board will help with fan engagement. I hope anyway.

Nkounkou
Begovic
Towsend
Broadhead
Gomes
Delph

Tempting to do a bigger clean sweep, but Frank struggled to gel new signings at Chelsea and we're fooked on FFP.
  2. Use youth players in the same vein as Gordon (we have got talent that's not had a lookin cos every game has been "must win")
  4. Accept where we are... We'll likely be bottom half next season given the development of other clubs (maybe Leicester and Wolves can be caught)...
  5. Rico's goals are important. Yes he's worth 50-60m, but who we gonna replace him with? What would have relegation cost us without him?
Think it’s hard to gel 5-6 players into a team most times. I also feel a few of those Chelsea’s signings where not Lampards choice. Your spot in with your points though. Richie goals and work ethic will be hard to replace.

Posted in the transfer thread

In an ideal world we could move these on...

An enormous amount in wages + perhaps around £90mil in fees.

1: Sigurdsson out of contract
2: Kenny out of contract
3: Tosun out of contract
4: Delph out of contract
5: Lonergan out of contract
6: Van De Beek end of loan
7: El Ghazi end of loan
8: Kean Pretty much gone
9: Allan
10: Mina
11 Holgate
12: Keane
13: Gomes
14: Gbamin
15: Rondon
16: Virginia
17: Gray

Very interesting comments from Lampard last evening. I'm paraphrasing but it was along the lines of we may have to be creative and do things differently in the summer.
I take that to mean sacrificing a couple of our few assets to rebuild.
I'm.sure that 2 of Richy ,Pickford and DCL will go.

I'm sure we will look to move on.Allan , Mina and Gomrs as well if possible.

We also have a bunch of high earners out of contract so that should give us the financial headroom to bring in 5 players that could transform this team.

In an ideal world we would sell:

DCL
Gomes
Gbamin
Mina

Get £60-70 million for DCL
whatever we can for the other 3.

Bring in 4 very good signings

CF
Defensive CM
Creative CM
Leader CB

Patterson should take over from Coleman at RB so would be 5 upgrades on the pitch. Add a loan or two to pad the squad oot.

Nkounkou
Begovic
Towsend
Broadhead
Gomes
Delph

Begovic is fine as a back up. No need to get rid of him. Why spend money on a back up keeper. When we have a decent one already.

Davies is fine as a squad player. Why get rid and spend say £20m on a player who will probs offer the same. So may as well stay.

Townsend. Out injured. Nobody is taking him. But I would keep anyway.

The issue is we have accumulated so much deadwood over the last decade that some inevitably will have to remain next season. Can't fix it all in one window and given our financial restrictions, sheer quantity wise we can't just let 10 players go.

In reality, we'll be stuck with the vast majority of this squad, so what we really need to do is pack USM Finch Farm with treadmills and punchbags, absolutely beast these chumps and make them the fittest players in the league.

What we lack in quality, we absolutely have to make up for in fitness, effort and appetite for hard work. We have come so, so close to relegation and we need to consolidate our Premier League status with a boring season or two idling around mid table, iteratively improving the squad in each transfer window. But the foundation for us to be able to do that is fitness, effort and mindset.

...not to mention a clean bill of health. That seems almost impossible for us though ?‍♂️

Exactly bud, all this Hollywood of North West crap, bang average PL players on huge wages. Nobody has a clue what we’re doing or who is doing what at the club. The fans are behind Frank, if we know there’s a plan then it relieves the pressure on him if things take a dip

Status
Not open for further replies.