The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Keane, Coleman, Gomes, Gbamin, Allan, Gray, Rondon, Townsend, Kean

I'd really love to see them all out (Coleman retiring/moved to coaching)

Fact is, we are shocking in the transfer market. There is no way we ship all these players out and get in substantial replacements. Can see most of them being here next season unfortunately.

Fact is, we are shocking in the transfer market. There is no way we ship all these players out and get in substantial replacements. Can see most of them being here next season unfortunately.

Not sure of the anti Demarai Gray sentiment. Very strange. Only way I see us selling is if its for a big profit but not out of necessity.

Rest can go but I agree our transfer dealings are terrible. We can't buy before we sell and we're rubbish at finding replacements if we sell first. Lukaku situation springs to mind.

I think if we can clear out the big earners who do nothing and the loanees, sell Mina, add a more robust CB and 2 new CMs, we’ve got a good forward line and wide options plus a real play maker in Alli. Maybe, considering we beat the likes of Chelsea, Leicester and United, matched City and the RS it’s not as big a build this first season for Lampard as we think.

I like Frank and the little I do know of thellwell, but my major concern is that for Everton to avert similar follys of the past few seasons, the culture of the club has to be reformed. Can that occur with the jolly parasite, Moshiri and Kai meddling in football affairs? Frank and the DOF need to operate unimpeded while they secure proper lucrative business arrangements that can alleviate our financial distress. I wonder since we retained our place in the PL if the stories of potential outside investment from the U.S. will resurface? Or if it was just spurious rumors

Not sure of the anti Demarai Gray sentiment. Very strange. Only way I see us selling is if its for a big profit but not out of necessity.

Rest can go but I agree our transfer dealings are terrible. We can't buy before we sell and we're rubbish at finding replacements if we sell first. Lukaku situation springs to mind.
Agreed, really don't understand it, he's a tidy player

2 Centre Backs and 2 Centre Mids are key. Next in importance is a striker who can actually put pressure on DCL and offer us something different, whilst also allowing Richarlison to play on the left. Next a right back who is more defensive minded, to rotate with Patterson. We need to do this by being smart with transfers and utilising the loan market if possible. So I think we need 6 players.

This is with the idealistic thinking that Richy, DCL and Pickford stay. If one of those had to go, I would want it to be DCL.

Demari Gray is fine as a squad player.

Has been a bargain at £1.7 millions.

Agreed, really don't understand it, he's a tidy player

Remember Thelwell is our DOF now so things will be done at his pace rather than Brands'.

What a window under Lampard/Thelwell looks like we'll soon find out :)

Gray i thought was dreadful when he was linked and when he joined...as in totally rubbish. It made me angry that we signed him.

However he did well (same as in Germany) and definitely was worth the £1.7mil fee for his 1st half of the season contribution. Then of course hes tailed off again...as he did at Leicester and at Leverkusen.

His last league goal was on the 6th December which was 20 games ago. Some suggest he wouls be a good sub / squad player.

But surely we want to have players pushing or rotating with one another?

I wrote previously id sell for £10mil. I think we may be able to get £15-20mil for him as his wages are low and hed work, like Keane for a team playing deep and counter attacking...

When you compare him with Brennan Johnson, id rather take the Gray money as perhaps 50% of the Johneon fee. Roll the dice and hope Johnson becomes a superstar rather than keeping a squad player / sub like Gray.

Gray is far too predictable and selfish and seems to struggle when he doesnt have space.

I like Frank and the little I do know of thellwell, but my major concern is that for Everton to avert similar follys of the past few seasons, the culture of the club has to be reformed. Can that occur with the jolly parasite, Moshiri and Kai meddling in football affairs? Frank and the DOF need to operate unimpeded while they secure proper lucrative business arrangements that can alleviate our financial distress. I wonder since we retained our place in the PL if the stories of potential outside investment from the U.S. will resurface? Or if it was just spurious rumors
Hope thellwell is not another brands .

Status
Not open for further replies.