The Case for the Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerly manx toffee

Player Valuation: £60m
Just looking at the table (again!). We have the 4th best defensive record in the league. We have conceded 34 goals in 26 games. Only Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City have less goals conceded.

We have a settled 3 from 4 and it is paying dividends in Tarks, Branthwaite and Myko. Only RB is a bit iffy and we chop and change.

I guess the way we set up in midfield with a “do not lose” attitude helps.

Not talking about goals for in here !!

Just looking at the table (again!). We have the 4th best defensive record in the league. We have conceded 34 goals in 26 games. Only Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City have less goals conceded.

We have a settled 3 from 4 and it is paying dividends in Tarks, Branthwaite and Myko. Only RB is a bit iffy and we chop and change.

I guess the way we set up in midfield with a “do not lose” attitude helps.

Not talking about goals for in here !!
Just a shame we have zoolander and a KFC worker up top for us.

Before you say " no talking about goals", I haven't. That's the problem.

I think it speaks volumes that we've only lost once from a winning position and that was against Man City. Just imagine if we were competent enough to finish chances first, especially at home where we're dreadful.
It's a bit of a Dyche problem. Once you lead, you pretty surely end up with a draw or a win, but if you go 1 goal down, you will lose or draw mostly.

The defence is hardly the issue - far from it. We just have too many attacking players off form simultaneously and therefore we're limping to draws. It's essential we pick up a result in a game were we get a few goals to build confidence.
I think Dyche sets us up defensively. With a consistent RB we are super difficult to play against. Hopefully we can add a first choice RB at some stage.

We need to find a way to become more progressive but need money or at least FFP money which comes with better commercials and the new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back