The day Everton made you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't cry, but Wimbledon '94 nearly sent me prematurely grey at the tender age of 13. An awful experience which repeated itself against Coventry on the last day of the 97/98 season. The only time I ever welled-up through football was Italia '90 when England went out against ze Germans.

First game I went to.

Sheffield United 2 Everton 1. Rumblelows Cup.

Brian Deane just took the absolute p!ss and Pat Nevin scored from a cross for us. It was then I knew what I'd decided to dedicate my life to.

Sake

I cried like a baby in 89 after cup final, Wimbledon 94 from sheer relief. Bournemouth a few weeks back nearly had me crying from sheer frustration. In fact since that game bar (Newcastle) I've been nearly crying from sheer frustration.

We are close but yet so far away
I was just thinking this.

First game I went to.

Sheffield United 2 Everton 1. Rumblelows Cup.

Brian Deane just took the absolute p!ss and Pat Nevin scored from a cross for us. It was then I knew what I'd decided to dedicate my life to.

Sake
I was there that night ijjy,Colin Harvey got the push after that,then back over the pennines on the saturday to see the return of HK with Colin back as assistant for a truly memorable(not!!)0-0!!

When we lost the replay of the Milk Cup final was the only time.

Must admit though at the semi against them lot a couple of years back, the woman in front of me was crying and an old man sitting beside me was too, so had to keep it together there.

....I presume you mean the game at Man City. I was ok after that because we were outstanding. A magnificent individual performance from Souness was the only thing that stopped us winning and you just knew the tide was turning.

As a 14 year old coming home from Arsenal away in 97 thinking we were down . I wouldn't say crying but that's as close as I've come .

That and selling big dunc hit every young blue at the time very hard. When he scored twice on his Newcastle debut I was at charlton away and we won but I was still sick to the stomach hearing the news from st James park .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back