The Derby is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy today so didn't check any scores until I got home this evening.

NEA, we are a much better side than them post Suarez and if we keep up the momentum against Palace and Swansea then I'm confident we can smash the pot noodle headed hamburger meffs next weekend.

So 1 - 0 to the RS it is then.

Like to hope the mental thing is getting less and less with the martinez era, less moyesy players that used to bottle it in the team now, let's not forget how fearless we were in the 3-3 game, it's just that injuries messed us up and some players were out of position in the away game, less of the 'mental' thing imo, we'll find out next week anyway since were on the up in every department and it's just gets worse for them. Have to beat palace anyway before all this.

We're going to get battered. I know better than to get my hopes up for a derby especially an Anfield one.

THAT BEING SAID

This is how you beat Liverpool:

1. Pace on the wings. Their fullbacks are alright going forward but are ridiculously easy to get in behind. I'd do Mirallas on the left wing and Lukaku or Atsu on the right.

2. Get someone with an engine to man mark Gerrard. he's useless without the ball but can still provide good service to the forwards if he's given time on the ball. Have Naismith harry him all day and their pacy forwards will be isolated.

3. Show Sterling outside every time when he's running at the defence. He's most dangerous attacking up the middle, on the flank it seems his only trick is to lean in to the defender and fall over.

4. FFS don't play a high line

We had a few under MoYleZ.

Will never forgive him for fielding a weakened side culminating in St. Steven of Huyton banging in a hatrick right in front of my furious eyes.

A few days before we played the mighty Sunderland in the cup? A game we didnt win anyway, that was shocking as they were rotten in the run up to that game and got a kick start to go on a run thanks to Moyes

I stopped enjoying Derbys around 1986.

The most painful defeat EVER was the FA cup final that year.

Never got over it. Never.

I'm with you on that!

I sometimes have this whacky theory that losing that final somehow dictated our psychology for ALL derbys to come thereafter. The 1989 FA cup final confirmed it. We were broken.

I think Martinez is finally starting to shake that off. Like I said crazy :p

Last edited:

Dont get nerves about any game even the derby,only get nervous when we are winning or leading by only one goalm against any team lol.

Has me in work as well tomorrow, she is targeting my Everton games purposely.

The bint needs sorting out mate, I think you should make her a cup of tea, and piss into it.

Then just saunter back to the drive thru counter whistling zcars, put on your headphones ,and listen to Alan Green crying as etoo nods in the winner.

We're going to get battered. I know better than to get my hopes up for a derby especially an Anfield one.

THAT BEING SAID

This is how you beat Liverpool:

1. Pace on the wings. Their fullbacks are alright going forward but are ridiculously easy to get in behind. I'd do Mirallas on the left wing and Lukaku or Atsu on the right.

2. Get someone with an engine to man mark Gerrard. he's useless without the ball but can still provide good service to the forwards if he's given time on the ball. Have Naismith harry him all day and their pacy forwards will be isolated.

3. Show Sterling outside every time when he's running at the defence. He's most dangerous attacking up the middle, on the flank it seems his only trick is to lean in to the defender and fall over.

4. FFS don't play a high line
You just know we'll do all that... and then Jagielika will suicide pass it right to Sturridge under no pressure whatsoever who'll proceed to net the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back