The Everton Board Thread

…..makes you wonder what made him appoint Benitez. If he knew 90% of the fan base are against Benitez then Moshiri is daft.

I don’t understand how any functioning human being can type out the sentence “Moshiri isn’t daft”, look at it, read it back in their head, think “yeah I’m going to post that”, and then click post.

…I really don’t get your first point. Everton is a massive job and the PL a major attraction. It’s a big old world out there & there’ll be plenty of other candidates.

Regardless of his worth as a coach, this was always going to be a divisive appointment and one that could’ve been avoided. An incendiary situation will always be around the corner for the club if Benitez has a run of poor results.

Maybe for the first 12-18 months or so but eventually the naysayers will lose the will to keep demanding his head everytime we lose a game.

The fanbase has fallen into a cycle (that I used to be a part of) of demanding the managers head after a run of bad performances - we cant keep going around in circles and need stability as Benitez is the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe for the first 12-18 months or so but eventually the naysayers will lose the will to keep demanding his head everytime we lose a game.

The fanbase has fallen into a cycle (that I used to be a part of) of demanding the managers head after a run of bad performances - we cant keep going around in circles and need stability as Benitez is the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things.

….no, most fan bases realise unrest against the Manager after 3 or 4 defeats.

it really doesn’t help when his entourage laud him after a win but blame the players after a defeat. It sets the tone you allude to. It was going to be this way and I doubt the passage of time will change things unless Benitez does really well.

We can call for Moshiri’s head though can’t we as he’s the common denominator that’s overseen the managed decline over 6 years?

We can call for Moshiri’s head though can’t we as he’s the common denominator that’s overseen the managed decline over 6 years?
I find it uncomfortable giving Moshiri too much stick knowing that Kenwright got a lot less stick, while putting in a lot less and taking a lot more out.

I find it uncomfortable giving Moshiri too much stick knowing that Kenwright got a lot less stick, while putting in a lot less and taking a lot more out.

Kenwright definitely did not get a lot less stick. Get back to me when Moshiri is loudly booed on the big screen at Goodison (as he should be) or someone pays for a plane with a Moshiri out banner on it.

I would say the Mosh Man is learning on the job and deserves time to reverse his earlier mistakes.

He's gone from appointing duffers like Alladyce & Silva and giving players 5 year deals willy nilly to appointing Champions League winning managers like Ancelotti and Benitez and offering 2-3 year contracts with the club having an option of an extra year if said player deserves it which is a lot more shrewd business.

He's certainly improved in his decision making - throw in his personal investment and BMD anyone genuinely wanting him gone are bonkers imo.

I would say the Mosh Man is learning on the job and deserves time to reverse his earlier mistakes.

He's gone from appointing duffers like Alladyce & Silva and giving players 5 year deals willy nilly to appointing Champions League winning managers like Ancelotti and Benitez and offering 2-3 year contracts with the club having an option of an extra year if said player deserves it which is a lot more shrewd business.

He's certainly improved in his decision making - throw in his personal investment and BMD anyone genuinely wanting him gone are bonkers imo.

I could not disagree more with this entire post mate so I will just leave it here. Appointing Benitez and extending Brands’ contract were the worst decisions he’s made in his entire tenure.

I could not disagree more with this entire post mate so I will just leave it here. Appointing Benitez and extending Brands’ contract were the worst decisions he’s made in his entire tenure.

Got to give him chance to correct his mistakes mate. We sat by for over a decade whilst Kenwright nearly sunk us, invested not a penny in players and tried taking us to that flat pack nightmare of DK with a Tesco's on the side yet we want the fella who's been here just 5 years oot the door despite unprecedented levels of investment in the squad and a world class stadium on the docks under way.

All a bit premature for my liking - if Walsh and Brands had done their jobs we wouldn't be in the mess we are ultimately.

Got to give him chance to correct his mistakes mate. We sat by for over a decade whilst Kenwright nearly sunk us, invested not a penny in players and tried taking us to that flat pack nightmare of DK with a Tesco's on the side yet we want the fella who's been here just 5 years oot the door despite unprecedented levels of investment in the squad and a world class stadium on the docks under way.

All a bit premature for my liking - if Walsh and Brands had done their jobs we wouldn't be in the mess we are ultimately.

But if Brands hasn’t done his job why was he kept on in the summer when his contract was up?

I don’t buy this “spend loads = good owner” either. Pissing loads of money up the wall at the expense of my football club and putting it in serious financial jeopardy doesn’t endear him to me. There has to be a plan, he is supposed to be a custodian of our football club, he has a duty of care and has neglected it.

Ha lad....if Mosh had made the correct decisions instead of appointment of crap managers and giving extended contracts to useless employees we wouldn't be in the mire we are now.

We live in a democracy and fans/shareholders have a right to an opinion whether the majority shareholder, CEO, DOF or chairman like it or not.
Like on here we all have opinions and some I agree and some I don’t but we have the ability to discuss and argue!!!
I don’t like the personal insults though.
I can see were this is going on this meeting and I don’t like it.
It’s our club and it’s us that put our hard earned cash into the club for many many years.
Everton FC is the fans and it’s a disgrace that they are trying to make it a closed shop.
There are so many problems within the club’s hierarchy that they should be made accountable for the shortcomings within the club and the fans/shareholders have a right to vent their frustrations at the failure at the top.
The manager isn’t to blame for our problems though. He’s the least of the issues.