The Everton Board Thread

If you surround yourself with sycophants, yes people, people who hold fans with a critical eye as vulgar and beneath them, it only benefits those with that sort of mindset.

Not the club, not the fan base (well a few it does, you know who you are you condescending arseholes). And here we are.

Honestly I think this goes beyond the manager and has done for a substantial time. I’m not saying any manager or player is infallible by the way, far from it.

I understand they want to finance the stadium and due to our utter utter pìsspoor buys we are hamstrung by "FFP" but they HAVE to take some accountability for the last 5 years.

Managers are coming and eventually going (sorry Rafael In mob) but "some board members" really stay out of the new manager process and I think if we do get rid of Benitez then Brands has also failed under 3 managers now so he also has to be accounted for.

In all honesty, I can see why Benitez will be sacked because the football is awful, no fight, negativity is creeping in and tactically he has shown nothing. Yeah he hasn't spent any money and injuries haven't helped but we have went backwards on the pitch and that's his job.

The form table shows we are the worst team and it shows.

I want to see our identity from the manager and with their plan the Director of Football and academy works under them. We need to find a manager who tactically is more advanced and modern, this is what Moyes brought in and we need this ASAP.

The reports I read was the approach from Mansour came around the Spring of 2008. Now this bit is just my opinion not fact, but around that time, the club was pushing for that move to Kirkby and was confident of getting the green light but hadn't got it yet. Could the board have wanted to have sold the club when it had actually got the green light for a new stadium so they could charge more? So the approach from Mansour came at a very inconvenient time for them? Like I say, not facts, just my opinion.

I simply don't buy that City was more attractive because they had a new ground. Mansour is so rich he could've bought us about 10! They were lower to mid-table at best at the time and we'd been just bubbling under the then 'big 4' for a number of years so why were they more attractive? Was it they were actually available to purchase? Who knows.