The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ' NED' in Scotland is a 'none educated delinquent', so how appropriate is that? ?
A couple of the NED’s i’ve had the displeasure of sitting on boards with would have suited that description much more aptly albeit none of them were Scottish....one was a quintessential English conservative gentleman with a private boarding school education and had been a partner in a high-end City accountancy firm whilst two others were privileged numpties from the Fen farmlands. Not an enjoyable experience, but did see the three of them off rather unceremoniously ?. The latter two were about as qualified as the Panda Man.

I don’t really understand all the fuss. A non exec director doesn’t have much input. The day to day decisions are taken by the executives.

He understands the club and will bring that to the board meetings. Clubs usually have ex players on the board.
How will Sharp ensure good corporate governance and offer guidance on matters? When Bill said ‘other Clubs ask what would Everton do” I hardly expect they’ll jog off and make the likes of Aldridge and Fat Mickey Quinn NED’s.

How will Sharp ensure good corporate governance and offer guidance on matters? When Bill said ‘other Clubs ask what would Everton do” I hardly expect they’ll jog off and make the likes of Aldridge and Fat Mickey Quinn NED’s.
Well he could hardly do worse than the existing board members could he?

And if that is the only purpose of a board member, why would any club allow a fan representative on the board.

K

We need both.

Having a board full of Usmanovs nephews with no understanding of the fan base would slso be disastrous.

The fanbase knows nothing but failure for the last 27yrs.

A huge portion of the fanbase still think the sun shines out of Kenwrights backside.

Who cares whether the board understand ‘US’?! I dont - i want a board that will bring a structure, a vision & success to this Club.

Im 29 this year, so i was too young to remember the FA Cup win, the best thing ive witnessed since supporting Everton is getting knocked out of the CL Qualifiers, its embarrassing.

I posted last week about a couple of mates meeting one of our old friends that’s an agent and him telling them a few things. There was something else he mentioned but I didn’t remember it till I saw a headline this morning about Baxter.

Apparently Baxter has been frog marched out of his previous clubs, a couple of times he’s been caught messaging other players/youth players girlfriends which has got him immediately thrown out of the clubs. Enter stage left Everton to offer him a new job

Status
Not open for further replies.